Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my 2011 Black VStar 650 Custom a few months ago and have put a few thousand miles on her. I have added a throttlemeister cruise, a luggage rack, and sissy bar, and not much else. I have always had 250cc motorcycles before this, so this is my first bike that I can really modify and get a little more performance out of.

I was going to do a hand-built exhaust/rejet/air cleaner, but I would need to procure an extra exhaust to cut the flanges from (since I would not want to destroy my stock exhaust). I was wondering if the exhaust flanges are the same for all Vstar 650s or if there is differences in the years...if the motor has not changed in design at all, I should be fine, but I would like to check with those more experienced and knowledgeable than I.

Thank you,
Myke

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
Hello Myke, welcome to the 4M

I was about to reply until I read the last dozen words of your post -:D:D

There is quite a few 650 owners on here that I'm sure will join in soon and help you out.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Welcome aboard sounds like a fun project. Take some before during and after pics then post them. Would like to see.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
+1 to all the above. Don't forget to make sure the planets are aligned durring the tuning process :D

Oh yeah....welcome to where ever i may be

·
Registered
545 Posts
Welcome Myke.

And ditto, let us see the finished product.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Myke,
welcome to the 4M ... even tho I dont know what the term means.... I would love to hep you but I cant get my 2000 to run above idle... so I wouldnt trust my own advice right now, lol.... exhaust , any mods are fun! good luck tho and post some pix!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts