Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I`m new here and new to V Stars. I`m a live long gun and motorcycle enthusiast. I began my riding carreer 40 years ago on an Arco EZ Rider 1 mini bike. I`ve spentthe past 21 1/2 years on Harleys. Wednesday I sold my Harley and bought a V Star 950 Tourer, I`m bringing it home Tuesday or Wednesdy. I`m going to ride this while I deal with some health issues and trade it for a Victory Vision.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Welcome aboard and Merry Christmas.I'm sorry you had to ride hds all those years lol. Nice bike those 950s.I have also been looking at the vics,but I have a hard time giving up all that power and style of a Stratoliner for 6 gears,bigger fuel cell and less power.I've been drooling over the cross county. They are great looking bikes.Hope every thing is ok with your self and get better.Congrats on the new scoot.Be safe and keep the shiny side up.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Welcome! I see no reason to trade that 950.;)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome! I see no reason to trade that 950.;)
I can think of several reason , heated seat,heated grips, electrically adjustable windshield,cruise control, ABS etc. The V Star is a stop gap bike to keep me on 2 wheels while I deal with some health issues. I`me sure that I will enjoy owning it. V Star has been my #2 recomendation for people looking for a V twin for years. When you look at the spec sheet and the price tag it`s a lot of bike for the money.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Didn't know the boys down there in Gibson County rode HD's:eek:
I feel sure you will love your 950, fine bikes.
Welcome here, have fun with your new ride. Ride Safe.
26 years ago I rode into Gibson county on a Yamaha and there were more Harleys here than anything else.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts