Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

Hello and safe riding from Detroit!

790 views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  bokobob 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,
Just bought a 08 V Star 650 Classic yesterday and I am loving being back on a bike after a 9 year void. A little about me, I am 50 years old and 5 foot 6 inches tall. I am really liking the look of a touring bike. I am thinking of getting a some gear to turn my bike into something like a Road King. Any thoughts and has anybody all ready done this?

#2 ·
Welcome from Houston Texas. Many here have Batwing fairing and hard bags on their 650. Works well for most. Just remember the 650 doesn't have neck breaking horse power or toque and the extra weight of accessories can effect bikes available power to weight ratio. Here's a few interesting threads to check out when you get a chance.

Go to last page for current hunt :

Ride often and safe.

#3 ·
Hello everyone,
Just bought a 08 V Star 650 Classic yesterday and I am loving being back on a bike after a 9 year void. A little about me, I am 50 years old and 5 foot 6 inches tall. I am really liking the look of a touring bike. I am thinking of getting a some gear to turn my bike into something like a Road King. Any thoughts and has anybody all ready done this?
Welcome from Houston Texas. Many here have Batwing fairing and hard bags on their 650. Works well for most. Just remember the 650 doesn't have neck breaking horse power or toque and the extra weight of accessories can effect bikes available power to weight ratio. Here's a few interesting threads to check out when you get a chance.

Go to last page for current hunt :

Ride often and safe.
Awesome, thank you!

#11 ·
Hello everyone,
Welcome from North Carolina...650 classic is one of the all-time nice looking traditional cruisers....Best wishes,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.