Thanks for having me,
Xvs 1100 2005

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thanks for having me,
Xvs 1100 2005.
I'm having a bit of trouble with my bike I feel a small pop on the rear cylinder carb flit bowl the bike has Vance and Hines classic 2 slip ons and a stock air filter with k&N air cleaner also installed is dyno jet jet kit but I did not install it and am wondering if the pop is from the wrong size pilot jet. I am thinking of replacing the jets and air intake to go with a chubby pod kit or should I go with a BAK kit? Please your input will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Rob

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
Hard to say for sure, but is your AIS still in place? Search and you see removing / disconnecting the AIS often resolves the pop on decel.

PODsetup is the way to go for performance boost. Chubby kit is easiest, or buy pieces yourself and save a few $$

The BAK won't give the flow of the PODS, it will cost more, but If you like the look go for it.

If the bike isn't running right, the only way to know the carbs are setup correctly is to open the carbs. If you're switching to PODS you'll need to rejet anyway. Jump on the 1100 wiki knowledge base, find the jet sizing for your setup, spend $3-8 each if you don't already have the right size, thank Sick Mick for maintaining the wiki (and all those who contributed the data back to Sloan services) and get 'er done!

Welcome to the group!

Oh yeah, once you post pics you'll be eligible for free on-site (your house or roadside) master mechanic service with guaranteed 24-hour or less arrival. All provided by our very own Stratowart!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Miescha.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm sorry I forgot to mention I have already removed the AIS so I know it's not that my problem is from low idle to 1/4 throttle that's why I'm thinking pilot jets.
I don't want to pull the carbs until I can order the chubby pod kit then i will know for sure the job is done correctly an the correct jets for my set up will be used.
Thanks For your opinion and knowledge its much appreciated.
Rob

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
Welcome to the 4M.

Good luck solving the "pop" issue.

And even better luck getting roadside assistance from me. Don't listen to this Miesh character, occasionally he's able to sneak onto the Internet where he's institutionalized.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts