Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody,

I've been trawling through the forums looking for info on the XV1900 Roadliner to you but Midnight Star over here in the UK (there is no Stratoliner option here sadly).

In my mid 40's been riding for 30 years from Brit iron (BSA, Triumph, Norton, Matchless, Panther, AJS, Francis Barnett) to Japanese (several FJ1200s, CBR1000, XL185, ZX9R) with a minor diversion onto a Guzzi and then I've mostly been on BMWs since 99 (twins and fours).

I've just sold my 08 K1200LT BM and was looking around when I happened upon an advert for a Midnight Star XV1900 for sale. So I'm talking to a couple of dealers and going to look at one this weekend

This is the first 'cruiser' that I've ever considered owning -the closest I've had to this point would be the LT I suppose.

So apologies in advance if I start throwing out any stupid questions.

Cheers

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Welcome to the forum from across the pond. You've just joined the most prestigious Star forum this side of the local group of galaxies. There's no such thing as a stupid question. Mind you we may answer it that way though :D.

don't be shy and ask all the questions you have. There's tons of very knowledgeable folks on here and all are willing to help their fellow riders even if they drive on the wrong side of the road.

Ride safe and keep it shiny side up.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Good luck searching for your new Vstar. I think you will find this to be a great forum. There are many folks here with a lot of experience and are happy to help folks. Again welcome!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Here's an option to you: forger the liner, look into a Raider. Get on, grab hold, and try not to smile too big or you'll attract a lot of bugs with the teeth! Welcome, brother, to the great star bike forums!

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's an option to you: forger the liner, look into a Raider. Get on, grab hold, and try not to smile too big or you'll attract a lot of bugs with the teeth! Welcome, brother, to the great star bike forums!

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
No Raider option here I'm afraid, currently available through Yamaha UK:

XV1900A Midnight Star (Roadliner) list price 13,500 GBP plus on the road charges
XV1300A Midnight Star
XV950A Midnight Star

The European site also lists the XV1900 Casual Full Dress (!) aka Stratoliner Deluxe, but Yamaha UK won't even sell me the CFD fairing.

Anyway, I should be able to see the 1900 Midnight Star in the flesh this weekend having found a nearby dealer that's actually got one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts