Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I'm a long time owner of a road star living in Finland. Actually we are expanding the family trading our old xv535 with a vstar 650. This seems like a good place to get good info for both bikes.

Inviato dal mio ASUS_X00QD utilizzando Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,634 Posts
you have two great bikes there!

·
Super Moderator
6,393 Posts
Hi wiring!
Welcome from East Tennessee. We’d love to see pictures of your bikes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,388 Posts

·
Registered
5,634 Posts
eirinn, looks like Keith Post ran the spell checker on your name, and the correct way to spell it is "Wiring!"

you learn something new everyday on this website

so you did not get the Vstar 650 yet? the engine is very similar to your 535

·
2,478 Posts
Welcome from Atlantic Canada. You have a couple of nice looking bikes there. Thanks for joining us!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
eirinn, looks like Keith Post ran the spell checker on your name, and the correct way to spell it is "Wiring!"

you learn something new everyday on this website

so you did not get the Vstar 650 yet? the engine is very similar to your 535
Yeah I noticed . We still have to go and check the 650, there a re a couple of "candidates" . I had a 650 classic 20 years ago, and I remember it was a good bike. Now I'm a bit scared by the shaft issue, but hopefully it's not that common.

·
Registered
5,634 Posts
the shaft drive on all Vstar bikes is proving to be very reliable

the only risk on an older bike is when someone else changes your rear tire, wipes off the correct 60% moly lube, and puts something else on the splines (like axle grease). then you will have problems

with the right 60% moly lube/paste the drive shafts will last 100,000 miles easily

the 650 engines are also very reliable - the few times there have been problems reported here were when someone let the engine run out of oil, or a few times when someone rode the bike up near the red line, and then downshifted by mistake and mechanically forced the engine to exceed it max RPM.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry eirinn, didn’t notice it spell checked until it sent, my apologies! At times I’m not pleased with spell check.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Haha,no problem. I probably send twenty messages a day with that kind of mistake

1 - 14 of 14 Posts