Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Mike. Live in So. Cal. (unfortunately). Been riding my entire life, well from 14 anyway, I'm 60 now. Owned all kinds of bikes over the years but this is my first V Star. I just picked up a 2013 1300 Deluxe. Very happy with it so far. I look forward to another forum, and seeing what everyone else that has this bike has done to it.

·
Administrator
3,523 Posts
Welcome from Atlantic Canada, Mike. You'll find a great bunch of people here with lots of knowledge to share. Love to see a pic of your new ride when you get a chance.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
7,592 Posts
Welcome from Houston Texas. Glad you joined us. Here's a few interesting threads to check out when you get a chance.

Go to last page for current hunt :

Ride often and safe.

Reactions: Keith Post

·
Super Moderator
6,971 Posts
Welcome to the forum from East Tennessee via SoCal. Love to see some pics of your bike, love the 1300’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
373 Posts
Welcome from Nashville, TN! Hope you can get out and enjoy the new bike. Post some pics when you can.

·
Registered
504 Posts
welcome to the forum from New York. Seems like NY and Ca. are in a race for top prize of worst state in the union. Anyway, enjoy the forum, stop by often and go ride! Happy trails... be safe.

·
Registered
2011 Yamaha VStar 650
274 Posts
Welcome from Southern Indiana! Looking forward to seeing those pics!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Welcome from your neighbor in AZ... You picked a great bike with a 1300. It's a great balance of power to weight, easy maneuverability, and holds it's own on long rides.

Love my 1300, and have been customizing it slowly over the last 4 years because I plan to keep it as long as I can. So far I've put a batwing fairing on it, a LongRide recurve wind screen, a custom paint job, replaced the passenger seat with a small fender rack, hard mounted some heavy leather bags, and most recently made the rear turn signals run/turn/brake lights. I tend to do solo touring and the 1300 has been one of the most reliable bikes I've owned thru the years.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Pretty much stock. I removed the passenger seat, pegs and sissy bar as my wife rides her own bike. Always liked the look better this way as well. I would like to look into different pipes, maybe a power commander, de-smog and more chrome!
Beautiful bike!

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Welcome from Pensacola , Florida...........Road & Raced all over So.Cal. in the late 70's...........Too many people for me now to go back there.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Pretty much stock. I removed the passenger seat, pegs and sissy bar as my wife rides her own bike. Always liked the look better this way as well. I would like to look into different pipes, maybe a power commander, de-smog and more chrome!
Nice bike. Like the color and the clean lines. Looks well maintained.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Welcome from your neighbor in AZ... You picked a great bike with a 1300. It's a great balance of power to weight, easy maneuverability, and holds it's own on long rides.

Love my 1300, and have been customizing it slowly over the last 4 years because I plan to keep it as long as I can. So far I've put a batwing fairing on it, a LongRide recurve wind screen, a custom paint job, replaced the passenger seat with a small fender rack, hard mounted some heavy leather bags, and most recently made the rear turn signals run/turn/brake lights. I tend to do solo touring and the 1300 has been one of the most reliable bikes I've owned thru the years.
View attachment 94931
Very nice. Love the graphics.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts