Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Scotty Parker & I live in West Tennessee. Bought my 1st V-Star 1100 last October & am loving it. Had been off a bike for 20 years while we got the kids raised & gone so now its time to enjoy the wide open road again! Hope to see you out there!:)

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Welcome from where ever i may be. Good choice in bikes. Planning any mods? Hope you got the black one....we all know black bikes are fastest.:D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Had any issues with the rectifier charging the battery yet? I have just purchased a used 2002 V star 1100 with only 10K miles and got 25 miles from home when the speedo started going haywire and the bike began to backfire, etc. 1 mile later on the side of the road calling friends for a rescue. Got it home...put in a fully charged battery and she started right up. I have been reading the web like crazy and it seems to be quite a common issue...

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
My name is Scotty Parker & I live in West Tennessee. Bought my 1st V-Star 1100 last October & am loving it. Had been off a bike for 20 years while we got the kids raised & gone so now its time to enjoy the wide open road again! Hope to see you out there!:)
Welcome to this outfit, whatever it may be:rolleyes: I think you made a good choice of rides. Love Tennessee, the folks, the country:D Have fished Reelfoot a ton, great place. Enjoy your ride and being here:) Ride Safe:cool:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Oil filter cover

Hello all,

I wanted to find out if anyone out there can tell me if the oil filter cover on my V star 1100 custom has any purpose? I recently changed the oil and when I pulled off the first small cover with the Yamaha name one it I realized it really did not cover anything the main cover has a solid piece behind it. I wondered if I could just leave it off. Its the last thing on my bike that says Yamaha. I love my Yamaha but I love when people ask me what kind of cruiser I have. I like to keep them guessing before I tell them. If anyone knows I would appreciate some feed back.

Thanks!

Tony in So Cal.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Welcome aboard Sparker. You got to be careful with SparkD because he's misleading the new guy already. We all know that the grey bikes are the fastest.

Now for the other new guy photogeektony welcome aboard and yes you could leave that cover off if you want. Kinda butt ugly that way but it's your bike.

Both of you ride safe and keep the shiny side up.

·
Registered
545 Posts
.....kilt him a bar

when he was only three.

Davyyyyyyyyyy.......

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hdeater, Thanks for the info.... it doesn't look too bad... I was hoping to find something to replace it with besides the same style cover... maybe something custom.. I was even trying to make something myself.

Welcome aboard Sparker. You got to be careful with SparkD because he's misleading the new guy already. We all know that the grey bikes are the fastest.

Now for the other new guy photogeektony welcome aboard and yes you could leave that cover off if you want. Kinda butt ugly that way but it's your bike.

Both of you ride safe and keep the shiny side up.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Photogeektony that seems to be the yamaha name plate remaining on my strat.I wish I could get rid of it. There are a few star emblems left. Both floor board pads and inside the speedo.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Photogeektony that seems to be the yamaha name plate remaining on my strat.I wish I could get rid of it. There are a few star emblems left. Both floor board pads and inside the speedo.
Hdeater,

I took it off today and it's just a flat surface it looks ok but it would look cool with something else there since the bolts don't go in all the way without the cover. The only emblem left like you said is Yamaha's Tuning forks symbol in the speedometer but thats all good. I love my yamaha but it looks good clean without any emblems.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah hdeater113, I got the grey one. Haven't done any mods to it but thinking of a set of pipes & a mustang seat, not nothing too loud but something with a little more sound to it. The wife needs a little better seat than the stock one. I've already changed the factory backrest with a mustang backrest, Any ideas?:)

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts