Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

Hello everyone

3K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  stratowart 
#1 ·
Just wanted to say hi to the star bike forum. My name is Bryan if you couldn't guess. Right now I ride a 1997 Honda vlx but I'm looking forward to buying a new v star 950 this spring. Ide love to hear any ideas or suggestions from you guys and can't wait to be a star rider myself.

#3 ·
Welcome from Washington State

#4 ·
Welcome from NE Ohio.

#5 ·
Welcome aboard future star rider.

#6 ·
I was wondering if it's worth getting the touring model or not. I like having a windshield and bags but the backrest is optional in my mind. But I've seen bags and easybrackets that would save me money. Also something I want is pipes and a fuel processor. I was looking at the cobra Fi2000 power pro, but is it worth the price?

#7 ·
If you want the windshield and bags, I would go ahead and get the touring. You can always take the backrest off, then put it back on if/when you may ever need it.
You may want it some day to secure luggage to if you decide to take it on a trip.

#9 ·
I would find it hard to believe any exhaust manufacturer would not make pipes to clear factory bags. The bikes are the same.

#15 ·
I guess I forgot the about me part oops. I'm 25, will be 26 soon. I live in Central NJ with my dog and two cats that I've adopted. I've been riding since 2008 and have had two bikes so far. First was a 1983 Honda shadow 500, was good to learn on but then I got my current bike. Right now it's hiding for the winter instead of the apartment complex parking lot. It's a 1997 Honda shadow vlx. Did some work on it, pipes, jetting, grips and lights. But the biggest thing was having it custom painted. Probably won't do that with the new bike I'm just ready to ride it. Been doing a lot of research and reading about different add ons I want. Can't wait to be a star rider myself!

#16 ·
I got saddle bags and EZ-brackets for my previous bike ('02 warrior) but hated everything about the EZ-brackets except that they came off the bike in seconds.

Now I ride a Strato-S and love it's looks with the bags on, it's one sweet ride for sure. I plan to be buried with it when that day comes. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.