Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals. New guy here from Austin TX. My name is Jesse, and I just moved here to Austin TX. I am actually on here in reference for my Mom. She has a 08 V-Star 650, and hasn't even ridden it yet. She didn't get a owners manual with it when she bought it and she isn't sure what fuel to run in it as recommended by the owners manual. I used to, and plan to again, own a Yamaha R1 and I only ran premium in it but this V-star is much different than my previous R1. The V-star does have aftermarket pipes(Don't know the brand) and the G.A.K. air kit(or something like that).
Thanks everyone!

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
Welcome to the 4M #2 (in case you're counting)

I'm certain if you search on-line you can find an owners manual and/or a shop manual to download. Do this and then you will be able to print out a hard copy for all future official Yammi answers. This is suggestion #1 (in case you're counting)

This is my #3,073rd post (in case I'm counting)

·
Registered
124 Posts
Welcome! Regular gas should be fine on your mom's 650. I run regular on my 1100.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Welcome to the insanity! :D

My owners manual (downloaded from a link I found in this forum and printed out on my desk jet printer) says to use pump octane 86 (which translates to regular) but that's for an 1100. 650 may have a different spec :confused:

:cool:
Just found an owners manual you can download here (second link from the top). Hope this helps :D

http://www.650ccnd.com/perf.htm

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the link M'Lady! And thanks for the welcomes everyone else!

Stratowart: I'm not actually counting but I am a member of many forums and it seems a bit lazy to have the time to actually click on, view, and read a welcome post. But not have a few more seconds just to type "Welcome to the forum"

·
Administrator
13,661 Posts

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
Stratowart: I'm not actually counting but I am a member of many forums and it seems a bit lazy to have the time to actually click on, view, and read a welcome post. But not have a few more seconds just to type "Welcome to the forum"
No problem, I just try to find new ways to welcome noo-B's, I try to goof around a bit but use the info in the intro's. Just my sense of humor, hope you have one too, I'm counting on it. :D

I'm also glad somebody gave you a link to a manual. Wanted to myself and would have had I been at work, it is set as a favorite on my work PC.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
howdy. feel free to vote for bike of the month and submit your own for voting

http://www.starbikeforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7

and please take our census

http://www.starbikeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5655

pretty sure the 650 is going to recommend regular unleaded gasoline.
hey i'm in Austin too.
so what is she waiting for to ride it? how long has it just been sitting?
Yeah that's what the manual says.

Cool, I'm in the Leander/Cedar Park area.

Well she took a starters course and they had her on a little Yamaha 150 or 250(little, very light bike). And now she isn't confident because this bike is bigger and more powerful and she's afraid she's going to drop it or something. She's in Dallas at the moment but when she gets back we're going to go to a parking lot somewhere and I'm going to talk her through it. Basically she's psyching her self out.

My Girlfriend wants a bike too, but she wants to ride with me some first. She really likes the 07 style CBR 600RR. She'd be a really good rider, she learns really quickly. I taught her how to drive a manual car and shoot and she picks up really well.

No problem, I just try to find new ways to welcome noo-B's, I try to goof around a bit but use the info in the intro's. Just my sense of humor, hope you have one too, I'm counting on it. :D

I'm also glad somebody gave you a link to a manual. Wanted to myself and would have had I been at work, it is set as a favorite on my work PC.
Lol it's all good man.

awesome, love it down here but hella hot!
That's the truth!

Welcome to the forum.
Thank you!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts