Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Longtime Lurker first time poster decided to join after looking at so much advice over the last few months, My bike is a 2009 Silverado the 1100 pretty stock at this point added the mustang day tripper and Cobra Exhaust both pretty easy upgrades...looking at doing 12 inch apes this month just having difficulties finding the correct parts (cables and such) looking forward to finally posting Ill try and post pics of my bike if itll let me

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
Coool ride, Yeah there are some heavy hitters on here that have the 1100 and mods a plenty.

So if you need ape hanger parts advise your in the right forum. Actually the best forum for Vstar
bikes and many others too.

Lots of great folks just chompin at the bit to help people just like you.

A big ole family here. So pull up a rocker and have a front porch swing a thon.

jake:smile::laugh::wink:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
everyone here has always seemed very helpful I'm looking forward to getting in over my head to make my bike look the best it can

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
See the chompin has already started. You will find all the needed ideas and help to figure it all out right here.
Popcorn is optional...

·
Super Moderator
6,393 Posts
Hi Mike, welcome to the forum. Everyone is correct, best forum going with tons of great members and very willing to help one another.
Very nice intro with pics, and that's a great looking 1100.
I'm in north ms, not very far from you. Ride safely, weather permitting, and keep us updated on your progress.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
Mike T. You have a tandem seat and A solo seat ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The solo is just the stock seat with the passenger pad and backrest removed. I was waiting on my day tripper to come in and liked the look of it for a few days, that stock seat is terribly uncomfortable the day tripper was a great buy

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am not very fond of the studs that were on the stock seat and backrest so when I got the new seat I figured the studded backrest would look odd I'll attach a picture of before I removed the passenger seat and back rest the studs were a little loud for me gotta get hard bags next to get rid of the studded bags

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
Welcome from Texas. First thing make sure 12 inchbis what you want most get them then want taller then you are out more money. Get the height you want the first time. Second thing is call Tim B at Metric Magic. He has best prices and his cables prices can't be beat.

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
See what did I tell you. The offers are coming in as we speak. All good.....

Just take it all in and heed any warnings, You'll be in ape hanger heaven soon....

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Welcome Mike, from southwestern PA. Nice ride ya got there. Although I may be just a bit biased. You might go to Cruisercustomizing.com to look for cables too, as they are running a sale on sets of them right now. And thanks fer the pics. You musta been payin attention whilst you were lurking. Good luck in yer search.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts