Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello friends,

I dont currently own a bike, it was totaled back in august, so just peeking around the forums to learn more about the perspective bikes I intend to get. My last bike was a vulcan 2000, so Im looking at that of course, but also the roadliner 1900, m109, and bmw 1200 gt touring bike. Looking forward to learning a lot about the roadliner.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome, and I love the looks of the roadliner, but reading about belts that give out after 28000 miles is not endearing me to the roadliners/stratoliners, on the vulcans, hondas, and Hd's they last more than 100000 on average.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Welcome future Yammy owner (fingers crossed) :D

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
Welcome to the 4M.
I wasn't aware of that 28K life of a Liner's drive belt. Is your research telling you that that is an average? I lost mine to a road hazard at just under 8K so that clock got reset for me early this year. Had that not happened i'd have fully expected 100k.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh no, there's lots of all kinds of geeks here. I'm a nerd from waaaay back. I watched Battlestar when Lorne Greene was Adama. 2 of my servers are Galactica and Pegasus, so yeah, I'm officially an old nerd:D

Yeah, i watched that one too when i was a lad, but after the remake just cant stomach it (ducks, as chairs from diehards are thrown), bumming that the new prequel blood and chrome still hasnt come out:-(

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome to the 4M.
I wasn't aware of that 28K life of a Liner's drive belt. Is your research telling you that that is an average? I lost mine to a road hazard at just under 8K so that clock got reset for me early this year. Had that not happened i'd have fully expected 100k.
I am completely new to yamaha my friend, i just read it on a post here, my bud actually had a very reliable vstar 650 that he hode up and down the east coast, and to florida from MI, so I dont doubt they are good bikes was a concern, Ive always been a kaw and suzuki man so I know about them.

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
I am completely new to yamaha my friend, i just read it on a post here, my bud actually had a very reliable vstar 650 that he hode up and down the east coast, and to florida from MI, so I dont doubt they are good bikes was a concern, Ive always been a kaw and suzuki man so I know about them.
Not a problem. I owned the Road Star Warrior before the Strat, also a belt driven bike 'cept it is a 1700 (102 c.i.) vs, the Strato's 1900 (113 c.i.). The OEM belt looked brand new on the Warrior when I traded it in at 30K. On the Warrior forum, I belonged to then, the number 100K was considered normal and with several members out beyond 100K. I guess that's where I get the warm and fuzzy about getting 100K out of my Strat's belt (providing I don't pick up another rare piece of damaging road debris). The Strato puts a bit more load on the drive belt but the Strat's belt is also wider than the Warrior's.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Yeah, i watched that one too when i was a lad, but after the remake just cant stomach it (ducks, as chairs from diehards are thrown), bumming that the new prequel blood and chrome still hasnt come out:-(
Completely agree! The remake makes the original suck rocks- one of the few times I can think of that happening. I wasn't aware of a prequel....I'll have to keep my eyes open.
Stay safe!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts