Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this forum and just purchased a 2014 VStar 950. I would like to add a windshield, like the touring model. The previous kid laid it down, so I have been replacing some parts as they become avail. I also purchased my friends 2007 Vstar 650 Silverado that sat for a year. My boyfriend is learning to ride on it and has been doing great! He will be taking the test in a few weeks. Then, road trips, here we come!

·
2,479 Posts
Welcome from Atlantic Canada. You picked a nice couple of bikes that will give you many miles of smiles. There are lots of knowledgeable and helpful folk here so if have any questions, post them in the appropriate forum for the best response and you'll get answers. Love to see some pics of your rides!

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,388 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
I am new to this forum and just purchased a 2014 VStar 950. I would like to add a windshield, like the touring model. The previous kid laid it down, so I have been replacing some parts as they become avail. I also purchased my friends 2007 Vstar 650 Silverado that sat for a year. My boyfriend is learning to ride on it and has been doing great! He will be taking the test in a few weeks. Then, road trips, here we come!
Welcome from Dallas. AZ is a good place for road trips. Lots of places to go, things to see. Got a buddy out there right now doing his long planned Grand Canyon trip.

Excellent choices! Very good bikes. My 650 was the perfect choice for getting back on a bike after many years. I thought it was damn near perfect until I traded it for my 950 which is.

·
Registered
5,634 Posts
Sign your BF up for the MSF beginners course. He will get his license in 3 days, and will save 10 times the fee for the class the first time he does not lay down his VS650.

And if you never took the course, take it together.

I first rode a MC when I was 14. Did not decide to get my license till I was 55 and I thought I knew how to ride

then I took the course and learned how many things I was doing dangerously wrong.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts