Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Folks,

After many years of riding Honda's and a year without a bike, I bought a new 1300T. I have not had much time in the saddle as of yet, but I have enjoyed what time I've had. My last bike was a VTX 1800 Tourer. I never really liked it much, it was top heavy. Before that I had a 2004 Wing and when the finances gets back, Ill be back on a Goldwing again.
In the mean time I plan on enjoying this Yamaha....... I would love to hear any comments or tips on the 1300. Proud to be on a Star!
:)

·
Super Moderator
13,061 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Welcome, GREAT bike and handles the heat in the Midlands of South Carolina fantastically.
I love the bike ...
Tips ... Mustang Seats are a must for my wife and I.
ummm ... think that is it!

Tourer or non Tourer?
Columbia Powersports?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome, GREAT bike and handles the heat in the Midlands of South Carolina fantastically.
I love the bike ...
Tips ... Mustang Seats are a must for my wife and I.
ummm ... think that is it!

Tourer or non Tourer?
Columbia Powersports?
Thanks......Its a Tourer, headed out this morning to the Dealer, Orangeburg, to have a few things installed that I ordered. I have had a Mustang seat on another bike. So far the OE seat seems not to bad........I think they changed it for the 12 model? Nothing wrong with Columbia Power Sports, I am just longtime friends with the Sales Manager there, he sold me a couple of bikes when he worked for Carolina Honda years ago. Got a great deal.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Thanks......Its a Tourer, headed out this morning to the Dealer, Orangeburg, to have a few things installed that I ordered. I have had a Mustang seat on another bike. So far the OE seat seems not to bad........I think they changed it for the 12 model? Nothing wrong with Columbia Power Sports, I am just longtime friends with the Sales Manager there, he sold me a couple of bikes when he worked for Carolina Honda years ago. Got a great deal.
Cool, does the Orangeburg dealer have any 1300 tourers left in stock? I would love to see one in a showroom someplace.
I have never been there in Orangeburg. My wife and I still love to ride around and look at bikes. Is it a regular Yami dealer?

Your correct on the seats. I think they were redone in the later years along with other refinements. I bought my bike used with 6,000 miles on it from Ride on Powersports in Concord, NC (just past charlotte) last summer.
Never bought anything in Columbia Powersports, but my wife and I love to look at new bikes, their selection has been a little lite in the cruiser area lately but nice place.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts