Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just joined today. Started riding again about a year ago after 30 years of hibernation from bikes. Have a 2004 Road Star Silverado that the shift linkage went out on today. Or at least I think & hope that's all it is. No spring back from first and no neutral.....

·
Registered
274 Posts
Cgolf, welcome to the forum! I'm also just back from 20 years of raising a family. Welcome back! You will find that his to be a great forum. Lots of folks with much experience ready to help! Be safe and post often.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Welcome to the forum Golfer. Pretty good intro but missing a few item for you to qualify on the weekly trip draw. Things that are missing are, have you taken a MSF course to get back in the swing of riding? What bikes did you have before? The most important one; wheres the pics of that bad boy?

I'm sure one of our transmission qualified members will be able to answer your question after you post a pic or two. you should also post your tranny question in the roady forum.

Ride safe and keep it shiny side up.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Hello CGOLF, Welcome to the nut house. We have fun and play a lot but mostly we help each other get things done. Very soon someone will answer you question and you will be back up and running. Keep the rubber side down.

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
Welcome C-rate Golfer!

Corsair called it - we need some pics. Had you posted, you might have won the weekly trip (this week its Hawaii - so post lots of pics quick to qualify).

As for the questions about Tranny's - I had no idea the folks in the Roadstar forum were knowledgeable about transvestite issues. I may have to start reading that forum more often. . . . :D

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
welcome. corsair's right . you should look into taking the BRC (basic riders course), course. I just got back into riding at the end of the last riding season myself. I was amazed at how much rust there was after nearly 20 years. The MSF course is free in PA for now so anybody just getting into or back into riding should check into it. There's a wealth of information and they really help you gain confidence. I just finished taking mine yesterday, and got my motorcycle endorsement. I'm really glad I did it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts