Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I've just bought a 2013 XVS 950a Midnight Star which is my first cruiser and I love it.

I've been riding for 40 years, mostly British bikes and BMWs but after years of all-year round riding, weightlifting and a bike accident last year my right shoulder just won't put up with a lean forward riding position anymore, hence the move to a cruiser.

I look forward to learning about your cruiser scene and sharing stories from England's biking world.

Smithy

·
Registered
782 Posts
Welcome to the forum.. I have the same shoulder issue. I got off the regular pedal bike and switched over to riding recumbents..
Please post some pictures.. so thats a very interesting color.. lime green with red polka dots.. I like the airbrushed gremlin on the fender. Feel free to ask questions and also tell some stories..

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Welcome to the forum Sir Smithy. You're about to be greeted by someone that will be your new BFF. If you post some pics; you will be automatically entered in the weekly draw for a visit with that new BFF. Post often, share stories and knowledge, be prepared to answer why you painted your bike lime green with red polka dots.

Ride safe and keep it shiny side up.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Welcome aboard Smithy :) I was thinking of lime green as well, but with blue polka dots. I'm glad you showed me how much better the red flows with the lime green :D

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcome chaps, especially the inspiration for a new paint scheme. After all black is so last year.

I will post pictures when a younger and cleverer person is with me (my son) as last time I tried to post pictures on a forum it captured my soul and wouldn't give it up without a fight.

Here in Nottinghamshire today it is one of our rare sunny days so myself and my son-in-law (Suzuki SV 1000) have been out for a ride. Glorious.

·
Super Moderator
13,206 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts