Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
KML354, where are you located near ? I'm in the orlando area.

Glad you joined the forum. You will enjoy it here, many fine fellow riders to jaw with and have fun.

And yes pics help and tell us about yourself. It's all good..

jake :D:cool:

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
Cool your a few years older than me and a few miles east.

Nice bike you got there. Is that a black /brown 2 tone ?

I take it from the package you ride two up a good bit....

It sure is nice to have plenty of storage space.... :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool your a few years older than me and a few miles east.

Nice bike you got there. Is that a black /brown 2 tone ?

I take it from the package you ride two up a good bit....

It sure is nice to have plenty of storage space.... :D
It is Raven/mocha (light brown) only has 6,200 miles on it.
Wife decided she didn't want to ride with only 2 wheels.
I just purchased a 2015 Spyder RT-S SE this weekend, now she'll ride with me. Age has made me realize that I need 3 wheels. Still love to take the Star out by myself.
I added the Batwing and rack/Trunk. Took off a backrest/rack.

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
I test drove a Can Am Spyder brand new in 2011. Bone stock bare bones model with manual shift. It was nice. plenty o power on tap
and a cool vibe produced when riding it. Both me and the wife liked it alot. Then when we got to the price > Gulp! $17 K.

The really nice white one with all the touring offerings was more than $23 K.

I also found out working on it was not as easy compared to a two wheeled bike. Valve adjustment intervals were crazy close together.

I had to pass on it. If you have the money to keep it serviced in the shop when needed it would be an awesome cruising machine for sure.

Enjoy it.... Keep the vstar it looks showroom new.... :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I test drove a Can Am Spyder brand new in 2011. Bone stock bare bones model with manual shift. It was nice. plenty o power on tap
and a cool vibe produced when riding it. Both me and the wife liked it alot. Then when we got to the price > Gulp! $17 K.

The really nice white one with all the touring offerings was more than $23 K.

I also found out working on it was not as easy compared to a two wheeled bike. Valve adjustment intervals were crazy close together.

I had to pass on it. If you have the money to keep it serviced in the shop when needed it would be an awesome cruising machine for sure.

Enjoy it.... Keep the vstar it looks showroom new.... :D

I am keeping both. The new 1330 three cylinder motor is a LOT better then their 990 twins. A lot less maintenance with the new motor, and a good amount of getup and go. It's almost too smooth on the highway.
I let the dealer do the first service, from there I do most of the upkeep.

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
Glad to see a new engine design that reduces the service. The earlier models were heavily biased toward needing serviced regularly.

I found riding it pretty easy except for the fact that wheel sticking out
on both sides of the front end was lets say took a little bit of getting used to. The lack of lean was a little weird. But overall it rode very nice.

You can load and go on a 3 day trip easy on the new one huh ? :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
OK Bevo I get the hint, Alright KML354 , just make sure you post up in the vstar section, when you have time. Keep us posted on your travels
with the new scoot as well as the old.

We are all in it for the long run... have fun and stay safe...

jake in Apopka :D

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
The black /brown 2 tone is rather special too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts