Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought an '06 Roadliner a few weeks ago and I am in the process of turning it into a custom bagger. Just wanted to introduce myself and say hello.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here's how she looked a few weeks ago when I picked her up.

And how she looks right now.

I'm hoping to have it finished by April.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah that's a 26. I can't wait to get it finished. It feels like we went backwards because we had to strip it down lol. It's getting dropped off tomorrow for the frame rake.

·
Registered
412 Posts
welcome to the site... i look forward to seeing your bike when it's done. goofy question, but are you working on it in your kitchen? asking b/c it almost looks like you are inside your house. either way, sweet project.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
welcome to the site... i look forward to seeing your bike when it's done. goofy question, but are you working on it in your kitchen? asking b/c it almost looks like you are inside your house. either way, sweet project.
Thank you. It's inside my sister's house but it's not the kitchen. It's an attached unfinished work shop area. It's a lot warmer than a garage lol.

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
Now this looks like another thread to visit often. I got to admit, when I first saw the striped down picture, I said to myself, WTF! because that front wheel made the engine look tiny. But then realized the motor is out and set off in the background.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just awesome!

I've always loved the look of those giant front wheels with the huge rake. Dont have any idea what it does to performance, handling, or anything else but it sure looks sweet!

Welcome.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Handling should be the same if not better than stock because the trail will be correct after the rake.

Thanks for the nice welcomes everyone :)

·
Registered
317 Posts
Welcome to the 4M, can't wait to see this beast in full finish, I bet she'll be awesome. Keep us posted with build pic's!!!!!

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
Handling should be the same if not better than stock because the trail will be correct after the rake.
Increasing the rake will only improve straight road handling and makes tight corner handling worse. It looks like your going with a single front rotor brake set up too,, so braking performance will create a little more struggle too except the rotor diameter looks a little bigger so that is on the plus side but not enough to equal the stopping power of the dual rotors. BUT the single rotor will reduce the unsprung weight so that is in your favor.

But your coolness factor will definitely improve. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts