Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All - just got my latest new '09 V-Star 950 Tourer on Friday and looking forward to some great rides with the warmer temperatures arriving here in Georgia. I live north of Atlanta, so my husband and I have easy access to ride in the North Georgia Mountains where there are some really great roads to travel. I've been riding for about 8 years now and finally upgraded my ride from an '05 Honda Shadow Aero to the new V-Star. Looking forward to riding my new bike and meeting new friends on this forum :)

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Welcome to the forum newb. You may have noticed that I love to quote the book of newb to all that forget to post a pic along with their intro. So just for you so that you don't feel left out. ;)

The book of newb states that: "All newbs that went from a Honda to a Yamaha on Fridays shall: Tell us more about themselves, post pics of their ride and enjoy this loony bin to the max. They also can't be shy about asking questions as this bin could have the answer they are looking for."

Be sure to post your pic soon cause this HD guy will come along and really rag on you. (Not his fault he owns a primer gray bike ;) )

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Welcome from where ever i may be :D

·
Registered
305 Posts
Hello Georgia riders! I have a feeling you are going to love that 950, especially if it's covered in the fastest color available: black! :D

Any mods or bolt on goodies planned for your new ride? Get out and enjoy it, keep the shiny side up, and share your stories and pics please!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies fellow riders . . .

Corsair: Meant to include in my original post that I would have pics coming soon. Be on the lookout shortly. And yes, I have several questions about accessories and what others have done to their bikes - so I'll post those in the respective forum categories. :)

Hello SparkyD, wherever you are right now :)

And Roxtar - I hope my "black cherry" bike color qualifies for almost the fastest color available :D

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
No Pictures

Welcome to the forum.Congrats on the new bike.Great choice over the Honda.Corsair gave you a heads up about no PICTURES.But we won't go there because you didn't post any PICTURES.We will just let is slide this one time about not posting any PICTURES.A wise man once told me

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome to the forum.Congrats on the new bike.Great choice over the Honda.Corsair gave you a heads up about no PICTURES.But we won't go there because you didn't post any PICTURES.We will just let is slide this one time about not posting any PICTURES.A wise man once told me
OK . . . I knew it was coming, Corsair warned me :p

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here are the pics . . .

Finally got a few pics of my new ride . . . check it out. Really enjoying it and look forward to adding a few extras.

Attachments

·
Registered
821 Posts
Welcome! I know from experiance that you will love that bike.:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts