Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I'm happy to say that I am the proud owner of a 2009 V Star 1100 Custom.

Haven't had the chance to ride it yet though. Only picked it up a week ago so I'm waiting until next spring to roll out on it. At least I get to spend the winter buying upgrades for it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it's not quite too cold to ride in yet, but it will be shortly so I'm not bothering to register it until next year.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Yes it will be a long winter waitin, but you will be really ready to ride by then:D Sugar Bear says welcome! Learn what you can and add what you can, that is what keeps this forum active and growing all the time, be a pretty dead place if no one said anything:eek: Ride safe(when you get the chance:))

·
Registered
821 Posts
Welcome! And congrats on the new bike.
But you at least have to go out to the garage a few times this winter and talk to her. Ask her how she would like this or that upgrade.
Just so she doesn't get lonely out there all by herself. ;)

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
so I'm not bothering to register it until next year.
I don't think that would work in my state. Here you have a set time to do it in and if you don't:eek: THEY can add this and that and some more of this&that'$ and soon you have no gas money$$$ :mad:

·
Registered
258 Posts
Welcome aboard Adama. Nice choice of ride. Throw us a pic when you get a chance.
Check with your insurance provider about deals. Out here in Ontario, we can reduce our yearly premiums by almost half if we have our bikes fully insured for three consecutive years. Could save you in the long run and give you a little riding time this fall.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey guys
I'm new to the forum as well. I'm a Bluenoser lost out on the Left coast. At least I can ride all year around here in Victoria, British Columbia. I ride a 99 V star 650 Classic. You can get insur. here for only 3 mos if that's what you want but, the longer the coverage the cheaper it gets.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Welcome

Welcome aboard Adama...been alot of years since I was home. Originally from the Waverly Road in Dartmouth on the way to the airport. I've had my 2000 Roadstar for just over a year now and love it. The torque that the 1600 Vtwin puts out is great. And yes, the upgrades...oh the upgrades...have fun.

Edge
Victoria, B.C.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Welcome aboard Adama...been alot of years since I was home. Originally from the Waverly Road in Dartmouth on the way to the airport. I've had my 2000 Roadstar for just over a year now and love it. The torque that the 1600 Vtwin puts out is great. And yes, the upgrades...oh the upgrades...have fun.

Edge
Victoria, B.C.
Hey Edge,
I lived on Waverly Rd across from Lake William when I first moved to NS and my wife lived on Spider Lake Road most of her life. Now living in Victoria!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts