Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seventy days ago, I was blessed with a '09 Strat. Didn't even know what a Stratoliner was two weeks before that. Never sat on one, never remember ever seeing one. I was looking to get a '09 1100 V Star that had never been titled, and the salesman talked me into the Stratoliner that was also never titled. The salesman told me for another thousand I would be so much more happy. He sure was right! I had told him to let me check into it. Searched the net, and didn't find anyone talking negative about Stratoliners, I told him that I was getting the loan. Looked at it, with the seat off, and the battery out. Told him lets get the paperwork done. After doing the deal, I finally got to sit on it, and crank it up. First thing out of my mouth was, "Why would anyone want to change the exhaust?" I had seen you tube after you tube of exhaust tampering. Alas, I now want to throw on some HK3 exhaust ;) 6000 miles Pheobe grew into her own. Now she has little over 6300 miles, compression and loosening the girl up, she struts with the greatest of ease. The counterbalance is quieter with less vibration, she is a fine machine. So glad I got a Strat. 4th bike, 10 years since I sold my last one :(

Glad to be here guys....Be safe, God bless!

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Welcome to the free world. Ride safe and good luck. She is a beauty.

God bless you
Matt

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
794 Posts
Nice looking ride :) Welcome to the insanity!

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Welcome Stuntman :D

·
Registered
71 Posts
Welcome to the club! What side of Houston ?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Welcome to the Forum Stuntman. Lots of great personalities here and loads of knowledge. I am sure you will enjoy everything that comes with it. You have already proven that you have great taste in Bikes. :D A Strat is a fine machine.

Nice looking scooter you got there.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
South of Houston in a town called Friendswood Silver tongued Devil. Yeah, you are about twenty or so miles North East of me :) Road Trip! Thanks guys, first thing was the cramp buster. Going round and round with the throttle lock.
http://motorcycle-accessories.cruisercustomizing.com/accessories/Ky6284?utm_campaign=sitechampion&utm_medium=sli&utm_source=google

I guess if I had my wife torque it I would in better shape. Broke in two places putting it on. I ordered the Break Away this time, and sending the broken one back for refund. Besides 350.00 for rain suit/boots, I have a clean slate to start adding to :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
I know Friendswood well, raised my family in Pearland.
We need to hook up and ride to Galvaston and / or Kemah.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah we need to do a ride. I am off until the 15Th, but just got Hardie ordered (coming in Monday) and already started ripping off the fascia, soffit, and trim from the house :( maybe i'll be done before i go back, I am pretty slow though. A buddy of mine with a V-Max took me up to his lake house north of you around Livingston, nice winding roads.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You can't go wrong with a Strat. I am very tired and need to start on some house work in the morning. I still would like to put around the block a few times before bed ;)

Never had a big bike, you can look cool just putting.

·
Registered
71 Posts
good luck with the new siding. We are headed out to north tejas for the weekend.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Finally looks like no rain, or at least a break to get it up today. Thanks, and have fun. I take it with the weather, it will be a caged ride.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts