Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I joined the forum today, as I have just sold my 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and need to get a more relaxed type motorcycle ride. I recently retired working a full time job and love to work on motorcycles in my spare time. I recently came across a 1996 Yamaha Royal Star Tour Classic, which has a few problems. However, not being afraid to work on motorcycles of this age I decided to purchase it as a project to keep me busy. I figured joining the forum would be very useful to access information on this motorcycle when I get stuck with possible issues. I'm looking forward to sharing thoughts and asking questions with regard to my new project bike.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, Thanks, yes I got the official Yamaha Service Manual with the bike. However, It's a little vague with some items and was wondering if the Clymer Manuals are better for Royal Star. I have a Clymer for my DR 650 which has been very helpful.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Welcome aboard and be prepared to enjoy your new toy :)

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Welcome to the forum Mike. It's nice to be retired isn't it :). Enjoy your new project and post some pics of it. You'll find tons of great people on here and all willing to dish out advice, help and get your CC info to help you out on mods :D.

Ride safe and keep it shiny side up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts