Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. BloomingtonMike on the boards. Mikie to most.

This is my third Yamaha.

Went from a '95 Virago 535, to a 2005 Midnight Warrior, to a 2010 Vmax. Have about 850 miles on the max so far - got it middle of April.

Mirrors and levers have been swapped and have a DD clucth mod about to go in. Also running synthetic Amsoil (oil and gearoil in the rear shaft drive) after the 600 miles change.

A good friend Stevensondrive Steve sent me over here. He is a fellow woodworker and now a fellow Yamaha owner as well with his Vstar 1100.

I play around on starvmax forum as well but sure do like bike forums. Star forums are even better.

Anyway hello and thanks for having me.

·
Registered
177 Posts
hey mike, I assume you're from Bloomington. I was living in Normal since I was 7. I'm out in Cali doing the whole Navy thing. Welcome to the board!

·
Banned
1,741 Posts
hey mike, I assume you're from Bloomington. I was living in Normal since I was 7. I'm out in Cali doing the whole Navy thing. Welcome to the board!
Everyone is normal until they join the military...:)

Welcome Bloomington:)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just on the edge of Bloomington (township) but I have a Bloomigton address. Close enough for a 7 minute drive to work and far enough away to own 6 acres. Been here since coming my junior year at ISU in 1995. I really like it shy of a bunch of straight roads a la chicken strips. I definately wear out the centers of my tires.

Anyone else here from central IL?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you Chalms for serving my friend. My hat is off to you in respect. That goes for all those men and women serving and who have served. My family and I are very lucky to have you around! Thank you sincerely!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Everyone is normal until they join the military...:)

Welcome Bloomington:)

coming from the man himself!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike- thanks for the kind words! I won't lie, I miss bloomington/normal a lot. My brother inlaw is a tattoo artist at artkore tattoo, maybe, that whats I really miss. I definitely didn't miss the winter this year :)

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
welcome aboard to the mother ship. Lots of great people here with lots of knowledge and laughter. Careful with the jokesters, they will get you when your not lookn.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Hi everyone. BloomingtonMike on the boards. Mikie to most.

This is my third Yamaha.

Went from a '95 Virago 535, to a 2005 Midnight Warrior, to a 2010 Vmax. Have about 850 miles on the max so far - got it middle of April.

Mirrors and levers have been swapped and have a DD clucth mod about to go in. Also running synthetic Amsoil (oil and gearoil in the rear shaft drive) after the 600 miles change.

A good friend Stevensondrive Steve sent me over here. He is a fellow woodworker and now a fellow Yamaha owner as well with his Vstar 1100.

I play around on starvmax forum as well but sure do like bike forums. Star forums are even better.

Anyway hello and thanks for having me.
G'Day Mike and welcome to the forum, as you'd know there is heaps of good info and a lot of fun to be had here.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts