Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 07 Roadliner S with around 4,600 miles on it. I don't have the bike yet it's in Tennessee still. I had a 05 Vstar 1100 Classic I sold a couple of years ago. I hope I ride this one more than the last few bikes I've owned. I just had the itch to ride again, and I'm excited about this bike. I should have it in about a week or so, can't ride yet anyway there's snow on the ground this morning. I can't wait for spring!
Joe

·
Banned
1,741 Posts
I don't have the bike yet it's in Tennessee still.
A Jack Daniels still? Cool!:)

Welcome! You'll love the balance and power of the new machine.

You a southern Illinoisan? Carbondale? Cairo?

Enjoy the forum:)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's funny! I hope I'll enjoy it. I'm in northern Illinois, a suburb of Chicago. I wish I lived in southern Illinois for riding, I'm sure there's more open rodes down there. Thanks for the welcome.
Joe

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I grew up on the southside of Chicago when I was a kid years ago, I'm 56 now. I live in Lagrange Highlands, it's just south of Lagrange. McHenry's a nice area, I used to go to the Chain of Lakes with my boat.

·
Banned
1,741 Posts
I used to go to the Chain of Lakes with my boat.

Yeah, wasn't too bad.

My dad kept his boats at the junction of Boone Creek and the Fox River at (I think) Larsen Marine. Watched the outboard boat races for years on Marine Days and eventually learned to swim in the Fox and water ski in Pistakee Bay...some 55 years ago...:(

·
Registered
177 Posts
Welcome, I grew up in Normal and then went up to great lakes/ waukegan when I joined the navy. now i'm in California :)

·
Registered
821 Posts
Welcome! I grew up in Buffalo, NY. I know nothing about Illinois.:p

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys for all the warm welcomes. Springer I used to like water-skiing on the Chain during the week, weekends were to crowded and too many drunk drivers on the water. Chalms I bet you don't miss Illinois, it was probably nice growing up in Normal,IL though. taboo365, I don't know much about Buffalo except that they get a lot of snow and it's close to Niagra Falls. bevo1981 it's purple because it's so cold here in the winter.:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts