Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, just got a 2011 V-Star 950. Been nosing around the forums for a bit and lots of good info here. If you guys are anything like the folks on the other bike forums I frequent you like pics. So here goes, fresh out of the crate with 19 miles on it after getting it home.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Welcome from where ever i may be :D

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcome!

stratowart, I don't know about how fast it is yet but I have a feeling it won't be near as fast as the bike it replaced (1991 GSX1100G). But that isn't the point of why I got this bike, I don't want or need to hit 100 mph in 10 seconds anymore. Time to relax and enjoy the ride.:D

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
No problem Doc.

I'm the same way too. I've said it before and I'll keep right on saying it, I'm done with 11,000rpm redlines, time to lay back, cruise along and take it all in.

But bottom line is, it's a blue bike so you'll be faster than any red or black bike (gray and silver are being considered for semi-honorable mention). :D

·
Registered
305 Posts
What's up Doc? Nice bike, them 950s are! So I'm guessing you live about 6 miles from the dealer? I know whenever I go anyplace on the bike I just have to take the scenic route!

You'll have to forgive the wart. His "blue is fastest" theory just does not hold water. I mean the tires are black and without fast tires the rest of the bike just can't be fast either! :D

·
Administrator
13,683 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Welcome to the forum, I just traded in my 2009 V-Star 950 tourer for a Stratoliner. I enjoyed the V-star 950 for 3 years, but wanted to go bigger and quite grinding the floor boards. Enjoy - it is a hell of a nice looking bike!!

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Welcome aboard doc. Wow we now have a doctor on board to with our trauma nurse.We must be in good hands. Love the picture well done even if it's blue lol. There is nothing wrong with that gray bike in the back ground it must be very fast for a pedal bike.Ride safe and keep the shiny side up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts