Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,,,, new to this site and looking for some help with some changes to my 2013 V Star 950 Touring ... wanting to take off the back seat and sissy bar to make her look a little more streamlines.... need some guidance

Thanks
Ck
0:)0:)0:)0:):

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hello Everyone,,,, new to this site and looking for some help with some changes to my 2013 V Star 950 Touring ... wanting to take off the back seat and sissy bar to make her look a little more streamlines.... need some guidance

Thanks
Ck
0:)0:)0:)0:):
Hi and welcome to the site for Reno. Well, if it's anything like my 1100 it's just 1 bolt for the back seat and a couple on the sissy bar. Should be straight forward

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
Welcome from N Florida. To take the back seat and sissy bar off is easy. The back seat is 2 bolts under the front of the passenger seat. The Sissy bar is 2 bolts per side, but it will leave you with the 2 uprights for the bar. Those are also the mounts for the saddle bags. So unless you are losing the saddle bags too then you have to keep the bar or get creative on cutting it down.

·
Super Moderator
6,088 Posts
Welcome to the forum from East Tennessee. NGM is correct, I ride an 09' 950 tourer myself and that's how they're removed. We'd love to see some pics of your ride, so please share some with us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
4,630 Posts
Welcome from Houston, Texas. Always fun making the bike the way you want it. Ride often and safe.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Welcome from the east coast of Canada. I thought I saw a thread somewhere where someone removed those uprights and made it look real clean. Not 100% positive it was a 950 though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts