Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all..My name is Ed and I live in Bay Shore, NY.. I just bought a V Star 1100 Custom and can't wait for the weather to warm up.. I haven't ridden in about 20 years.. I've owned a few Harleys.. a RoadKing , a Heritage Softtail and an old Ironhead Sporty.. all great bikes... This is my first Yamaha cruiser and I am very impressed.. Much value for the money...

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
Welcome Ed!

"Haven't ridden in 20 yrs" ...... Guess I won't ask my usual question about whether you've been to prison :D

If you post pics of your bike, forum moderators Corsair and Bevo send you a personally signed copy of their new best seller "doing it on two wheels" which is cool even though not bike related.

Post up some pics!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome Ed!

"Haven't ridden in 20 yrs" ...... Guess I won't ask my usual question about whether you've been to prison :D

If you post pics of your bike, forum moderators Corsair and Bevo send you a personally signed copy of their new best seller "doing it on two wheels" which is cool even though not bike related.

Post up some pics!

Haha.. No prison.. but a serious accident in Florida.. Some kid ran a redlight in an intersection and took me out.. damned near permanently... Totalled my RoadKing... so I quit riding for a while.. but you know how it is.. when the bug hits..

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
Welcome to the 4M. Nice looking scoot SoNYer.
At least in the past 20 years you still remember what the fastest color for motorcycles is.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sweet ride - just don't ride it without the fender stays!

Yep... I just had it off temporarily.. I have the bags on permanently now.. Thanks.. Its in excellent shape but I haven't done much to it yet.. I'll be jetting the carbs and installing PODS soon.. replace the tires with some whitewalls.. different wheels.. It will come along.. Thats part of the fun...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Welcome from Sunny Florida. 20 years is a long time to be out of the saddle but then I was out for roughly 31 years. Just sorry it took me so long to get back into it. Great looking bike. I'm hoping to get some pics of mine on here soon. Warmer weather is on the way. Ride safe! :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts