Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently looking to gather info on the V Star 950 tour. My wife is tired of the beating she is taking from her Sportster and wants a more comfortable ride. She has been looking at an 09 at the local dearship but not ready to buy just yet. If going to buy a new bike she was hoping for a little bit more of a jump from her 883, but she just does not fit on the 1300T (says she is to streched out) and does not want the "chopper" style of a Stryker. Any feedback would be great. Once allowed to post to other places I will start asking more direct questions in the V Star section. Thanks

·
Registered
794 Posts
Welcome! I looked at the 1300 but ended up buying an 1100... it's an AWESOME bike :D You can get some amazing deals on a gently used one and a lot of dealers still have new ones on the floor. That being said, the 950 is also a great choice. She can't go wrong either way.

·
Super Moderator
13,073 Posts
howdy.

you should be able to post in the other forums now. i don't know how the 883 performs, but i took my '09 950 across the country going 95mph most of the way. so i can attest that it has plenty of touring power. plus the belt drive and electronic fuel injection are big improvements

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Welcome from Washington State :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts