Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mornin'. I'm Joshua. I'm a new rider at 42 yo... took me long enough, right? I just bought a 2004 VStar 650 Classic with about 26k on it. It's in really good shape for the age/mileage. Soon as it gets over 40º here I may actually get to ride some! I look forward to meeting some people here. Have a great day!

Joshua

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,393 Posts
Hi Joshua, welcome to the forum and to the wonderful world of riding a Vstar. Great looking ride there, and very nice intro. Glad you joined us, ride safely after its above 40 degrees.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hi Joshua,
Welcome from Waldorf, MD. I was a new rider at 52 and I had a V-Star 650 Silverado, so you definitely picked a good bike to start on. The best thing is you got started and now enjoy the ride! One way to enjoy your ride in cooler weather is to insulate yourself. Motorcycle gear has so many options now that one can buy whatever is needed and not break the bank [well unless you want to!]. There are jackets with very good liners, Thinsulate under garments, cold weather gloves, and a host of other items. If you don't have a local store to shop at I use Motorcycle Superstore, Cycle Gear, Bike Bandit, LeatherUp, and Revzilla as my primary sites for gear. Enjoy your steel horse!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Hi Josh welcome! That is a beautiful ride! Been in your neck of the woods and understand weather conditions...for me, the sand and salt are dangerous. Riding season here is just around the corner! YammyV

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Welcome Josh, from southwestern PA. Congrats on yer new ride. And I agree with the others, nice bike! I guess where yer at you'll have to get some good cold weather gear for ridin just to extend your ridin season. And maybe some tracks for the rear and skis for the front? Just kiddin. Don't imagine it's much diff. than for our friends from the "great white north",eh? Anyway, enjoy the ride, when ya can, and keep er shiny side up.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the warm welcome. My buddy, who's been riding for 30 years (currently on a VStar 950) and I braved the cold. The roads were almost completely free of sand, as we haven't had a storm in quite some time. No snow on the ground for a while now. We did about 30 miles, bundled right up. What a rush! Great fun. This ride was a great confidence builder. Nice and safe and slow. Again, thanks for the warm welcome!

-Joshua

·
Administrator
13,277 Posts

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Hell no! Welcome to the forum eh. I'm just a bit north of you and hope that the white stuff is going to be gone very soon so I get to ride also. Lots of great folks on here for you to share stories with, ask questions and just plain have fun.

Ride safe and keep it shiny side up.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
how far north are ya, i do some hunting/fishing in aroostook county rowe lake area
I'm in Saco, which is about 20 minutes south of Portland. Just far enough from Massachusetts to feel like Maine. :smile:

Been riding all week and really getting comfortable (not complacent). Unfortunately, Sunday's storm may prove to be a bummer. But you never know, like Pappy used to say, "Don't like the weather in Maine? Wait 5 minutes."

Thanks all for making a gent feel welcome.

Joshua

1 - 15 of 15 Posts