Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back into riding a couple months ago.

I rode a lot as a kid, with my first bike actually being a 125CC Harley (one of the imports from Italy if I recall). I also rode my Dad's Red Honda 305 Dream quite a bit.. back then we considered that a BIG bike!

Quit riding after highschool.... and fast forward 35 years brings us to today.

After 35 years without touching a bike I took the MSF course. The first day on the course I was sure I was going to fail, but it eventually came back to me. Passed the test, got the endorsement.

I immediatly made a stop at my local Bike Shop and took home a slightly used 2007 V-Star 650. Pearl White, Memphis Shades Windshield, Leather Bags.. etc.

I started out just riding it local for a week or so... but the bug got me, and now it's become my daily commute vehicle except when raining.... and around here... that HAS been a problem.

I've taken it on a couple short trips. Made a loop around Whidbey Island, and a trip from Everett to Wenatchee and back. I've put 4500 Miles on the bike since I got it in late May, added a Cobra Sissy Bar and Luggage Rack, upgraded the Dunlop tires to Metzler 880 Marathon's.

I've been looking for a decent Motorcycle forum, as most them get very few posts. I beleive I may have finally found one!

·
Registered
923 Posts
I've been looking for a decent Motorcycle forum, as most them get very few posts. I beleive I may have finally found one!
You won't have to worry about getting any responses here. Welcome to the fun house and hold on for the ride. We have a ton of great information and a few nut jobs (and that's just the Navy guys:eek:)

All jokes aside, congrats on the ride and keep the rubber side down!

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
I just got back into riding a couple months ago.

Welcome to the 4M!

Oh yeah, you found it alright and stepped in it with both feet. There is quite the collection of guys in thier 50's here. Some make the mistake of getting all serious but we try to fix that in a hurry. Enjoy the fun way to get help and knowledge, cuz that's what we do.

·
Banned
1,741 Posts
the occasional levity. Enjoy! :)
So that's why my bread won't rise all the time!:mad: (or is that leavening?:confused:)

Ah well.

My son-in-law is attached to a Whidbey Island VAQ outfit; they have a home in Port Orchard and he commutes :eek:

Loved cruising the green side of WA back in the day. Leavenworth (there it is again!) in the Fall is heaven, as is the run through the N. Cascades.

I used to commute daily 80 miles r/t to the Puget Sound Naval Shipyard and it was two years before I found out my motorcycle could actually operate on dry pavement.:)

Welcome, eh?

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Welcome aboard right wing wacko,I'm just south of you by about 3hrs or so.Nice to here that there are more rain lovers on board.Great bike you started with. Yes I said started it only gets worse that bug that is. It's the hardest bug to shake.Keep the shiny side up.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
oh...Marysville...they tried to give me medication too...uh...i mean...hello :confused:

:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts