Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, long time lurker first post. As you can tell by the title I'm from Michigan just N of Ohio. The wife and I love to ride snowmobiles in northern Michigan in the winter and love the scenery up there. I've been to Taquamenon Falls seven times and have never seen it NOT frozen. I want to go up in summer and I can't think of a better way to tour the Up than on a bike. So after 30 years I purchased a 2010 V Star 1300 touring. I sold my old bike (CB 750) in 82 so a 1300 is quite a jump. I signed up for the MSF basic rider course for a refresher and to get my CY endorsement back. All I can say is I absolutely love this bike it's so well balanced I think it handles better than the 250 Suzuki's
I used in the MSF course. Just want to say Hi and thanks. The favorable posts I read on here greatly influenced my decision to buy a Star.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Welcome aboard nice lookn scoot very nice choice. You'll find there is a lot of good people here and a lot of info.The welcome wagon will soon chime in with some wise cracks. They're harmless and a lot of fun. Sit back and hang on for a awsome ride.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Welcome! Congrats on the new bike. Looks great. You've come to the right place. Great forum. Plenty of information and assist to be had around here. Enjoy!

·
Registered
923 Posts
Welcome to the fun house Legend. There is a ton of great information and a few of us that weigh close to a ton! Just joking, I'm really gonna change my screen name to 1/8th :D

Congrats on the bike and the MSF course. Ride safe and keep the rubber side down!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all. I'm a hands on kind of guy so if the bike needs work, I'll do it unless its warranty, I just don't like paying $70/hr labor and some shops you just can't trust. The first time somebody tells me they noticed my muffler bearing was loose so they only charged me $109 to repack and adjust it. I'm going ballistic. Honda east told me I don't need to have them service the bike to keep the warranty, Just keep records and receipts. So the forums are the place for answers when I have questions. your opinions and advise are truly valued by me. Thanks again.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have spell check and a BS filter installed.:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts