Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member here living in North Mississippi and procured a 2003 Yamaha Road Star Silverado Limited Edition a little more than a month ago. Picked up this gem from the original owner who had only put 4091 miles on it since he bought it new in 2003. Loving the ride again as it’s been 25 years since I’ve been on a bike. Pics of motorcycle attached.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,472 Posts

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
that is a great find, and the Road star is a very simple and reliable motorbike

Is it running well? Usually when someone does not ride much the gas goes bad in the tank, the carb gets gummed up, the tires are 12 years old...

but fortunately a few cans of Seafoam, new tires and a bit of maintenance catch-up will bring it right back to life.

I got my Royal Star from the 2nd owner, who had it for 8 years and only rode it 2000 miles. The bike only had 22k miles on it when I got it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that is a great find, and the Road star is a very simple and reliable motorbike

Is it running well? Usually when someone does not ride much the gas goes bad in the tank, the carb gets gummed up, the tires are 12 years old...

but fortunately a few cans of Seafoam, new tires and a bit of maintenance catch-up will bring it right back to life.

I got my Royal Star from the 2nd owner, who had it for 8 years and only rode it 2000 miles. The bike only had 22k miles on it when I got it.
The guy took VERY good care of it. One can of SeaFoam and an adjustment to the carb and I’ve put 900 miles on it since I got it. Loving it! Wife is starting to get a little ticked off that I’m buying stuff for it though. But it needs a few things that I think it needs to be mine completely.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Welcome
Your bike looks very cool. I love the whitewalls nice touch something i will consider when it is time. It is great because all of your worries go away when you let the clutch out. Unfortunatly they come back when you put the kickstand down. The biggest change in the last 25 years since you rode is cellphones. For the good and bad.
Enjoy be happy and keep scrapin the bug off of you teeth.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Welcome from Atlantic Canada. Beautiful ride! I was looking to upgrade to a Road Star from my 1100 but a deal came along on a Kawasaki Nomad so I grabbed that. I love the Roadie's simplicity and classic looks though, and I may still end up with one someday.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts