Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

Hello from Missouri, USA (97 XVZ1300)

1K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  blackadder 
#1 ·
Hey everyone!
I'm Montikore. I picked up my first bikes last year, a pair of matching 97 XVZ1300s. One is my daily, bobbed out (work in progress. my rear fender looks like crap, but i'm not a pro fabricator so it is what it is ahahah) and robin's egg blue and my project bike is still undetermined on styling. I'm in love with these bikes! I've always loved shaft driven cruisers. I wanted to know from other RS owners what to expect in the coming years. My ride currently has 27,xxx miles on the odometer for my daily, and the other is around 24,xxx as I recall. Any known issues you've ran into, any maintenance tips, or any pointers for where get some performance parts?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome from Houston, Texas. Glad you joined us. Thanks for posting pictures. Here's a few interesting threads to check out when you get a chance.

Go to last page for current hunt :

Ride often and safe.

#9 ·
Okay you have to stop weather shaming those of us who still live where there is the "S" word....??We have other challenges also....Like trying to pack a years worth of riding into 5 or 6 months...HAHA...post some pics of the rides you are taking around FLA so us snowbound people can sit in front of a fan and get some virtual wind therapy...

#10 · (Edited)
We have challenges too, we have sand between are toes, we get sunburnt, we have to buy more tires,We have trouble with wrinkles from a constant smile on our faces riding in January...it's rough living here , can't you tell.

#13 ·
My wife and I are really amazed, we figured we would get comments back from you snow birds.
We both got a really good laugh from Redbirds comment , so the 2 of us fired back at him expecting it to get real funny. And what happened , nothing , we even waited a couple days....
maybe their keyboards froze under all that snow , I don't know, maybe their shoes froze to the ground coming up the sidewalk and they are stuck in the front yard....you just don't know, as I walk out to the bike to go for a ride.....

#14 ·
We have salt between our toes. Keyboard isn't frozen we go thru the day like when you have an icecream brain freeze. We know how to get our frozen shoes off of the sidewalk, it is just like getting the dogs paws off. And you feel the same when it is 900* out with 2000% humidity. We are opening our frozen garage doors and it is "our time to smile"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.