Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friends says that I can get a lot of information and confirmation on forums so I am trying it out to see if anyone can help me with my questions. I'm new working on motorcycles so my knowledge and terminology are extremely limited. My friend says that it is easier than cars. :) I hope there is someone here that can answer my questions.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Welcome aboard :) Questions are more than welcome by those of us that don't know anything :eek: How about i start?

1) Where you from?

2) Which Star bike have you chosen to ride?

3)Where's the peanut butter?

·
Super Moderator
13,061 Posts
howdy. feel free to vote for bike of the month and submit your own for voting

http://www.starbikeforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7

and please take our census

http://www.starbikeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5655

i think bikes are easier to work on than cars for the simple fact that everything is in one place and easier to get to than anything on a car. i'm nowhere near being a mechanic but i've learned to do quite a lot of stuff on my bike that i would have more difficulty doing on my car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SparkyD's Questions

1. I am from S. San Jose, California. I work in Mountain View, California.

2. Right now, I am a sport bike/grand touring rider.
:( Unfortunately I do not ride a v star, but I have a friend that needs help with his 2001 v star 650 custom that he wrecked and needs help in fixing. He said if I help him he will give me his 2001 Kawasaki ZX-7. Always wanted to own and ride a ZX-7. :D Great motivation to fix his cycle. :) He is also not that knowledgeable about motorcycles.
A Master Tech in automobiles once told me to broaden my experience by working on multiple platforms, different years. So I did in automobiles. Now I need to do the same with motorcycles. I thought it would be a good idea. I might be able to utilize procedures or process that I have learned from automobiles and apply it to motorcycles. I'm not a mechanic. It's my hobby. I look at something that is fixable and may not look good and see its full potential.

3. :eek: Sorry, I do not know the answer to that question, assuming there is a hidden answer. Taken it straight forward, I don't know. I do not have any. I am at that point in my life where too much of a good thing is bad for you and I will pack on the weight. If I had peanut butter at home and a loaf of bread, the jar of peanut butter will be gone in less than 15 mins. I don't keep stuff like that at home.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Greetings

Thank you for the warm welcome from all those near and far.

I hope any one knows the answers to my questions. I got many and some might be repetitive, and some might be well beginner. Most of my questions have to do with compatibility, fitment, comparing, and dismemberment. It might not sound good but it's all for restoration. :)

·
Registered
794 Posts
G'day from San Francisco :D I was in Mountain View this morning/afternoon for work myself :)

Re Sparky's questions: Everyone on this forum likes to shoot the breeze... don't take anything said too seriously unless it's about fixing bikes or safety stuff. Hang out long enuff and you will understand :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks! I'll remember that... just excited to restore my friends v star. So I was rev'ed up to get confirmation and to get possible answers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts