Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little about myself:

35++ year rider. Born and Raise in NJ. US Navy Submarines for a few years lead me west where I lived in San Diego (during the good ol days of Fouts and Gossage) for 15 years then LA for 3 (ugh)..... Las Vegas for 14. Sold out in 2006 to come to Myrtle Beach South Carolina. The best place to live...not the best place to ride compared to the southwest..

Had a few bikes. 1st bike was a GL1000. (had to borrow a KZ450 to pass California's skills test lol) Then a KZ550, Honda Custom CBR900, Harley FXRC, a couple of Shadow VT1100s before the Yamaha.

I am not an ATGATT proponent. I ride in shorts and and sneakers except in the cold then its a Tourmaster , FF, boots gloves and ling Johns......Michelin man...hate it.

Currently thinking about getting a sportbike. Was offered $6900 for mine and was looking at a VFR or FZ6 but want to wait for the new Honda Crossrunner as I don;t go on rides to nowhere any more. (Nothing but two lanes and trees here..) Commuting is my primary use now.

I bought a base model 1300 becasue I wanted to make my own "Tourer" It was more expensive to make it my way but I didn't like the stock shield or bags.

My additions are:

Mustang Two-Piece Wide Touring Seat with Driver Backrest
Cobra Slashdown Pipes
Cobra FI2000
Cobra Light Bar
Cobra sissy bar
Thunder Air Kit
US Saddle Bags Quick Release
Memphis Shades Fats
Memphis Shades Lowers
Yamaha rear Billet floorboards
Yamaha Engine Guards
Kuryakyn Grips/Rocker
Kuryakyn Floorboard Covers
Vista Cruse,
Yamaha chrome front fender edge,
Shield bags and Cup/ Cell phone holder
Comagination Modulator
Emgo Crankcase breather.

Anyway looking forward to some tech tips and see what you have done to your bikes.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Welcome from the Mid-Lands of South Carolina!
Hope your out riding this week, temps in the low 90's all week here, maybe a bit cooler at the shore ... but the shore most likely is the place to be.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Welcome aboard. Ride safe and keep the shiny side up.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Welcome aboard. Hang on with both hands & enjoy the ride :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts