Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm a user of Yamaha Star Stryker Motorcycle Forum (I ride 2011 Stryker), but since my wife got a V-Star 650 Custom I decided to register here as well. I find forums like this to be very helpful and fun!

Looking forward to becoming a good member of the community!

·
Super Moderator
6,086 Posts
Hi nurtaeff, welcome to the forum from next door in East Tennessee. We're huge on pics here so please share some of them with us. Glad you joined us and we're looking forward to your input. Ride safely over there in the Tar Heel State. Where in NC are you located? Love the Asheville and Hendersonville area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi nurtaeff, welcome to the forum from next door in East Tennessee. We're huge on pics here so please share some of them with us. Glad you joined us and we're looking forward to your input. Ride safely over there in the Tar Heel State. Where in NC are you located? Love the Asheville and Hendersonville area.

Hello Keith,

I will add pics for sure just need to take some! )

I'm from Burlington NC, small town right in between Raleigh/Durham and Greensboro on I-40/85

Asheville is a cool town, we're actually going to camp on Mountain Mitchell this weekend. One day I want to ride on Blue Ridge Parkway - it's a heck of fun!

Thank you!

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Welcome from Atlantic Canada nurtaeff. Been through that area many times and it is indeed beautiful country.

·
Super Moderator
4,609 Posts
Welcome from Houston, Texas. Great time of year for riding in you neck of the woods. Ride often and safe.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all for the warm welcome words! Here is my wife's new ride. She is still learning the clutch. She had never been on the bike before she took a riding class at Harley. She used to be afraid of them and almost hated the idea of me getting a bike just several months ago! And now here she is sitting on her own one! I was really surprised, guys. It was like "wow, life is unpredictable thing on its own, and women make it even worse (from predictability standpoint of course)".

Attachments

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will take another picture of my Stryker and post it here soon. I had some but those were taken prior to upgrades...

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Happy to have you here. Glad you're wife can now ride along side ya! Let us know how she's liking it, and if any mods are be done!

Welcome!

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk
Thank you! I'm looking forward to riding with her and I'm trying hard to keep my patience! ) She is still learning it and I'm glad she hasn't been giving up!

As far as mods the bike came with some upgrades like V&H pipes, hypercharger air intake, floorboards, quick-release windshield and sissy bar. So she is good for now. I just need to do my part on maintenance. I really do like the look of the bike.

·
Super Moderator
6,086 Posts
Great looking bike and smile on her face. Really glad she's enjoying it. With her enthusiasm her confidence will continue to grow, kudos to her. Looking forward to seeing the pics of your Stryker.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Great looking bike and smile on her face. Really glad she's enjoying it. With her enthusiasm her confidence will continue to grow, kudos to her. Looking forward to seeing the pics of your Stryker.

Thank you, sir!:smile:

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
This is mine before I installed Cobra Powerflo air intake. There are some super cool mods on stryker forum that I love but cannot afford at the moment :smile: So mine is still basic upgrades, but even stock bike looks awesome (well, except the stock pipes IMO :) ) Oh almost forgot: 240 rear tire of course, I think it should be stock size for this bike not 210

Attachments

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Great looking bike! Love the color and good looking pipes. Good size pack on your sissy bar there.

Thank you, Keith! Pipes are Cobra Slashdowns and they do look much better than stock pipes (at least to me). Big pack on sissy bar helped us a lot when we rode to Myrtle Beach Bike Week in May. It was unexpected because original plan was to take it on the trailer, but my truck said "no" and we just hopped on the bike and go.

·
Super Moderator
6,086 Posts
How cool! I agree they look better than stock. I have the Cobra slipon on my 950 and love the look, fit, and sound. How was Myrtle Beach week? Haven't been there in years.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
How cool! I agree they look better than stock. I have the Cobra slipon on my 950 and love the look, fit, and sound. How was Myrtle Beach week? Haven't been there in years.

Oh yeah, sound improved million times.

Myrtle was cool actually, that was the first time for us. Our friends invited us to go with them but they couldn't go so it was just us. We had a lot of fun and I wanted all those custom bikes! We only went for a couple of days though, next time I should take more time off for that for sure, time flies when you're on vacation :smile:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts