Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a brand new 2008 roadstar s. It's a hold over....they want $9K for it. Considering the price of a 2012! I thought this was reasonable...your opinions please.

deck99

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Welcome aboard. Ever thought about a road or stratoliner?Sounds like a good buy.

·
Administrator
13,665 Posts
howdy. be sure to vote for bike of the month and submit your own for voting once you get it

http://www.starbikeforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7

and be sure to take our census

http://www.starbikeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5655

depends on which model roadstar it is, but it still looks like a good price if it's brand new. not sure about the 2008 model, but the 2009 and up is EFI and belt drive. if it's the same with the 2008 model, then not much, if anything, has changed with that model bike since 2008.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The bike is brand new right out of the crate....I couldn't find as good of deal on cycletraders....or local for that matter.

deck99

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
deck99--If the bike is brand new and you know this is what you want go for it. Should still have factory warranty and 0 miles. Make it your own!!!!!!!!

Hambonevw3

·
Banned
1,741 Posts
It's a hold over....they want $9K for it.
For that price you could get a decent used Case/IH combine (and it would probably be of more use in NE:D:D:D)

Welcome. You can do better on price on new leftovers. Shop around.;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I pulled the trigger on a new road star! 2008 right out of the box. Just starting to break it in. Looks like it will be a fun bike.

By the way...I didn't see a road star selection on the census.....

Thanks for all the welcomes...

deck99

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
nice bike!
nice picture, in a air-brushed penthouse centerfold sort of way that is.

You've been to the census thread? You are the only one I know that has :D:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts