Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to purchase a 2001 Road Star. I have never owned a cruiser before. Grew up in Colorado on dirt bikes, and my last road bike was an FZ1. I am excited to take delivery next Friday, and am looking forward to reading and learning on these forums. My first forum search topic will be what do I need to have the mechanic check before I purchase and see where the problem areas are on this model.

·
Super Moderator
6,414 Posts
Hi Fletch, welcome to the forum. Although I don't own a roadie, I'd ask for maintenance records, previous owner info if available, and what if anything has been done to the bike from the dealer. Check the road star clinic, and Google any questions you may have. My buddy Annie is extremely knowledgeable about the roadies. She'll give you some great info. Be sure to send some pics after you get er' home. Let us know from where in the tar heel state you hail from, and ride that Roadie safely!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Fletch, welcome to the forum. Although I don't own a roadie, I'd ask for maintenance records, previous owner info if available, and what if anything has been done to the bike from the dealer. Check the road star clinic, and Google any questions you may have. My buddy Annie is extremely knowledgeable about the roadies. She'll give you some great info. Be sure to send some pics after you get er' home. Let us know from where in the tar heel state you hail from, and ride that Roadie safely!

Thanks for the tips. I live in Graham, NC. Between Greensboro and Durham.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Welcome to the forum from here in Northwest Illinois. Happy to have you join us and look forward to reading your posts and seeing pics of your bike. We have a lot of knowledgeable and helpful people here to help with your mods and to answer all your questions. Post often and ride safe.

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Welcome from the Netherlands to these forums, Fletch!

Assuming you have taken delivery of the bike, please do post some pics. We are quite the visually oriented bunch here, and love to watch bike pics :). Especially cruisers, of course :).

Kind regards, Wim

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome from the Netherlands to these forums, Fletch!

Assuming you have taken delivery of the bike, please do post some pics. We are quite the visually oriented bunch here, and love to watch bike pics :). Especially cruisers, of course :).

Kind regards, Wim
Thanks for all of the kind words. I did take delivery, and have enjoyed riding it. The Vance and Hines Shorties are a bit loud, and I need to get a windshield, but otherwise, its great!

·
Super Moderator
6,414 Posts
Great looking bike, love the shorties. Hope your weather for riding is better than mine. I got 4" of Friday, and it's been overcast and rainy since then.

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Thanks for all of the kind words. I did take delivery, and have enjoyed riding it. The Vance and Hines Shorties are a bit loud, and I need to get a windshield, but otherwise, its great!

Thanks you for the pic! Nice looking bike indeed.
V&H pipes are a bit loud indeed :). I changed mine (V&H Big SHots) to a Cobra Tri-Pro on the XVS1300A :). The V&Hs were just a little too loud for me :).

Currently riding an XV1900, however, so no idea yet how other exhausts would sound.

Kind regards, Wim

1 - 14 of 14 Posts