Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hidy!

Frank here, an old newbie. Just bought another bike 3 days ago. It's a fairly nice little 03 V-Star 650 classic. Nothing spectacular, but a nice little scoot!

She's mostly stock, with a windshield, V&H pipes, Headlamp and signal visors and a crash bar. I "think" that's about it.

Couldn't pass it up. Have too many bikes as it is, but always have room for another!

To date the collection is:

72 Suzi 250 Hustler
67 pan / shovel rigid... headache, but it's family
Honda QA50 (don't recall the year right off, but green)
79 Kawasaki 400 LTD (since new, will be a winter restoration)
Yamaha Maxim 750 (parting out to fix Virago)
Yamaha Virago 920 (soon to be trike and given to my Father)(hoping to find a V-Star titled frame and toss the tortured Virago chassis)
93 Kawasaki Voyager (NOT a Vulcan) My touring bike of choice.
94 Honda 250 Nighthawk (uncertain future as of yet, but cheap)
03 V-Star 650 Classic (this one)
Several others that will either be parted out, hacked or traded on.

I think that's it. I've recently thinned the herd quite a bit to make room for new toys.

As for myself, happily married to the world's greatest redhead with 2 grown children and 3 grandchildren. I'm a former cropduster, B52 crewchief, teacher and currently an over the road truck driver.

Have a good'n all!

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Welcome to the forum.Sounds like you have a few irons in the fire.How do you find time to ride them? You will find good people here with lots of info and laughs. So sit back and enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the forum.Sounds like you have a few irons in the fire.How do you find time to ride them? You will find good people here with lots of info and laughs. So sit back and enjoy the ride.
:D when I'm home, I ride! Don't much care about the season or rain, just bad storms. Put about 280 miles on the 650 today and would have at least doubled that if I hadn't been tied up. Looking for a pair of 100 to 125cc street and trail bikes to put on the truck for layovers. It's an addition. LOL

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Prezakly Gaijin!

Thanks all!

Frank

1 - 7 of 7 Posts