Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings from Prince Albert Saskatchewan. I am a Producer/Writer for major Canadian Television Network and I play drums in rock band on weekends. I am veteran rider, just bought 2012 V-star 950 Touring. I am extremely happy with this bike, but like other posters, have had some issues like ticking noise (less than 100k on this bike) and the windshield feels a bit short even though I am short myself lol. Other than that I get a ton of compliments on the bike and I am quite happy with it. I look forward to participating in the discussions.

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
Welcome to the 4M.

Can you give us a bit more background info on the ticking noise?

Solving the windshield is a tuff one. Some want to look thru the shield, others want to look over the top of the shield.

·
Registered
794 Posts
(less than 100k on this bike)
Oh wow... I've lived in the US for too long.... at first I read this as less than 100,000 miles on a 2012 bike...

Welcome to the insanity!:eek:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: ticking

The ticking i am hearing is typically heard from the motor when I am just at city cruising speed (have not had it on highway yet). If the bike is under power or cruising a higher revs it is not as noticable, however, I hear it a lot while driving in city-I've had a ton of bikes and realize these v twins make a bit more noise especially air cooled, however, It's fairly noticable and I am going to get buddy to drive by me cause i want to hear how it sounds as it goes by. I am making report to Yamaha Canada and will be bringing it to the attention of the dealer I bought it off.

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
Okay, good luck with it. You are doing the right thing in a "better safe than sorry" kind of way. "Ticking" is a noise you need to actually hear for yourself to formulate any kind of opinion or guess. I hope it is just a normal "break in" characteristic of your engine. You have another 800km or so to go before she's broken in.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: drill exhaust

Yes I read all the comments on mods and I will definitly do that as soon as the bike comes off warrenty-my luck they will void warrenty if i do it sooner :) Also-when I bought it the dealer said i should come in for 1000 Mile service-but book says 600-who's right? Thanks guys for all the help and suggestions!

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Welcome aboard. Keep us up to date on the engine tick. Ride safe and keep the shiny side up.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts