Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from Wappingers Falls,NY. I'm a new rider, and i just bought a 2008 V Star 650 Silverado. I have a couple of questions, namely what grade of gasoline works best in these machines, and can you ride on an unpaved road with these bikes?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Waldorf, MD. I started riding with an 09 Silverado 650 and you'll enjoy this for a first bike. Did you get an owner's manual for it? You can put 87 octane in it. As for regularly riding off-road or on unpaved highway I would recommend be prepared for flats and get a flat repair kit.

·
Super Moderator
6,022 Posts
Hi pm, welcome to the forum, and where's the pic's of your ride? We love pic's here. Bman is right, 87 octane works great. I ran the ethanol free in my 650, and run it in my 950t now. And yes, get a flat tire repair kit if you're riding off road. Ride safely!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for the responses, a tire kit is a good idea. There are some gravel roads that lead to some awesome spots here in upstate NY. I'm adding a pic of her now.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,022 Posts
Looks good there pm. There's an app, pure gas, that tells you if an ethanol free station is close to you. As Bman stated, get a good service/repair manual to familiarize yourself with the simple stuff.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts