Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm a new motorcycle rider from Shawnee, OK. I just upgraded from a 230cc Motard to a brand new 08 V Star 1100 Custom. Went for my first 1 hr ride today.

Looking for advice on upgrades and maintenance.

Greg

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Welcome from where ever i may be:)

I'll give you a heads up...the pic police will be here soon to harrass you for not posting pics of your ride. If you give them a good story about losing your dog, living with your mother-in-law, truck broke down and your cousin is refusing to marry until after DNA testing they will go easy on you ('cuz they will think your family:eek:)

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Welcome gyort to the forum.Sparkyd must be telling you about his family tree.You gotta watch that boy he's not right it the head if you know what I mean. You know he's from Washington. He does have one thing right you have just been busted. Where's the pics.The citation officer will be posting soon to tell you about the pages in the rules you neglected to read. He then will decide your punishment.Until then ride safe and keep the shiny side up.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
What a way to get going on a Saturday morning. Another "the dog ate my camera" kind of guy. ;)

The book of newbs state in Chap 1 of page 1, then in Chap 567 on page 980 and once more in chap 1245, page 798 that all newbs from Shawnee OK eventhough "I lost my dog that ate my camera, lives with his mother-in-law, truck broke down and your cousin is refusing to marry him until after DNA testing is done, shall post pics of their ride". Now how hard is that to follow? :D

Welcome to the mad house. Don't be shy to post often; heck we'll even try to help you out I think, not sure, maybee ....... :D:D:D

·
Registered
305 Posts
Hello,

Looking for advice on upgrades and maintenance.

Greg
Welcome to our litle slice of happiness gyort! You are sure to find all kinds of stuff here. Advice? That might be a stretch!

Honestly though, just poke and prod around and you'll find what you're after! Lots of 1100 riders on here so you don't have to worry about stumbling across something that hasn't been tripped over before!

What kind of upgrades are you looking for? Performance? Appearance? The list of goodies for your ride is endless!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks. Uploaded pics of my ride and my son's. We have the same bikes, but I had them change out my tins to black with ghost flames.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Gyort........Klaatu barada nikto......

.....and welcome! :)

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
Welcome the the 4M!

Is it true the waving wheat can sure smell sweet when the wind comes right behind the rain out there in OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OAKLAHOMA? :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts