Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! My name is Ryan and I am from Oklahoma. I am an accountant for a large food producer. I ride a 2007 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic. I have been riding motorcycles since I was a kid but got my first motorcycle in 2005. It was a 2004 Kawasaki 250 Ninja. It was a great bike to start out on. Then I purchased a 2006 Kawasaki 650r Ninja, I still own this one. I just recently purchased my V-Star so I am new to the road cruisers but I love them. Don't get me wrong I love my 650r Ninja, its nice having fuel injection, a fuel light indicator, and 55 miles per gallon. But the V-stars ride so much better!

Anyway thought I would introduce myself. I look forward to contributing to the forum!

Thanks
Ryan

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,135 Posts

·
Registered
5,586 Posts
I think you will be surprised by your Vstar 650.

Cruising around 45 to 55mph I normally get 58 to 60mpg. My bike is totally stock, and I normally leave the windshield at home.

If your vstar has been modified with exhaust or intakes, your actually mileage will vary (down).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
KCW-Hmm interesting! I have been getting 36 mpg but I think I have some carburetor issues so thats probably affecting my mileage. Ive seen ratings online for 45 mpg. But I could see you getting 58 to 60 mpg at 45-55 mph. I might have to be nice with the throttle but its always fun to just open it up all the way and let roar every once in a while haha :)

·
Super Moderator
6,305 Posts
Hi Ryan!
Welcome to the forum from East Tennessee. Love to see some pics of your bike!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
2,387 Posts
Welcome from Atlantic Canada, Ryan. Nice bike and you found the best forum to learn about it. Lots of friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful people on here so if you have any questions, post them in the appropriate forum and you'll get answers.

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Here is one photo of it! :)
Hi Ryan,

Welcome to the forums from the Netherlands, and thank you for the pic.

Very nice looking bike, and a blast to ride indeed!

Kind regards, Wim

1 - 13 of 13 Posts