Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Plan on picking up a 2011 Stryker tomorrow after work.

It will be filling the void that was left when a lady ran a red light and totaled my Yamaha R6 last year. I had a hell of a time trying to decide what kind of bike to replace it with but I finally landed on the Stryker because I think it looks amazing and it would be the most comfortable bike for my daily ~60 mile one-way commute to work though I will miss my R6.

Anyhow, figured I'd get signed up on here and see what kind of info there was to be learned about the world of Star bikes.

EDIT: Figured I'd toss up a pic of me on my old R6. (It's my signature from R6-forum.com)

·
Registered
821 Posts
Welcome! That Stryker is gonna be a whole new different kinda bike for ya. But from what I've seen of them at the dealerships, I think you're gonna like it. I don't know what kind rider you are but I think it might be a bit safer than the R6. Excuse my stupidity, but I only say that because most crotch rocket riders I see are riding like maniacs. I've never ridden one so I know nothing of them, but I guess they lend themselves to agressive riding.
But anyway, I hope you enjoy that Stryker, post some pics when you get it home.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome! That Stryker is gonna be a whole new different kinda bike for ya. But from what I've seen of them at the dealerships, I think you're gonna like it. I don't know what kind rider you are but I think it might be a bit safer than the R6. Excuse my stupidity, but I only say that because most crotch rocket riders I see are riding like maniacs. I've never ridden one so I know nothing of them, but I guess they lend themselves to agressive riding.
But anyway, I hope you enjoy that Stryker, post some pics when you get it home.
I was more of a "cruiser" type, wearing full safety gear and generally taking it easy but maybe a spirited run here and there.

I just found that there wasn't really anywhere to ride the R6 the way it was meant to be ridden unless I took it to the track. My first street bike, a Ninja 250, was honestly more fun to really ride. Don't get me wrong, I love the R6 but it was just too much to really enjoy on the road.

But yea, I was definitely not one of those guys that ran around in a tank top and flip-flops dragging knee wherever I could, that's for sure. :cool:

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
I was more of a "cruiser" type,But yea, I was definitely not one of those guys that ran around in a tank top and flip-flops dragging knee wherever I could, that's for sure. :cool:
Taboo365 I'm sure He didn't mean it:D
Welcome to the forum. Xavier

1 - 11 of 11 Posts