Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I bought a 2014 Bolt R Spec just yesterday. Reading through the forums to see what knowledge is available. I am a new rider and bought my first bike 3 months ago (Harley 883 Superlow 2014). I bought a second bike so there is no conflict when my son wants to ride as well. I look forward to many happy interactions with fellow riders and hope to keep learning more.

All the best!

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
Welcome from upstate NY.

Hope you can post some photos of your adventures riding on the other side of the Earth. The closest I have been to Pakistan was a trip to the UAE. Some parts of that country are like being on the moon.

·
2,482 Posts
Welcome from Atlantic Canada, Baldilocks. Sounds like a nice couple of bikes you have there (your son is a lucky guy!). Love to see some pics of your bikes.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hello there,

welcome to the StarBike Forums. Congrats for your new "Bolt". Have Fun and ride safe.

many Regards from Germany..:smile:

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,400 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the warm welcome. I will try to remember to take some photos. A hilly ride is planned for the weekend. My son's first in the twisties. We will take it slow (not that I am fast in any case).

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
2,482 Posts
Just tried a couple too, les. All I get is page not found.

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
Baldilocks - I just got your username - very funny!

What kind of motorcycle rider training is available where you live.

Here in the US a lot of teenagers buy motorcycles, thinking they know how to ride because they can ride a bicycle. Riders are allowed to practice on the road with just a permit, before they take their roadtest and get their license, but with no training many new riders crash their bikes. This is mostly because most people do not understand that motorcycles steer backwards, the opposite of a car (counter steering).

Your son is lucky to have an experienced rider teaching him what he needs to know.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,400 Posts
Sorry about links. I will fix.

·
Super Moderator
6,393 Posts
Welcome to the forum from East Tennessee. I got a kick out of your scree name. I too am looking forward to seeing some of your rides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Baldilocks - I just got your username - very funny!

What kind of motorcycle rider training is available where you live.

Here in the US a lot of teenagers buy motorcycles, thinking they know how to ride because they can ride a bicycle. Riders are allowed to practice on the road with just a permit, before they take their roadtest and get their license, but with no training many new riders crash their bikes. This is mostly because most people do not understand that motorcycles steer backwards, the opposite of a car (counter steering).

Your son is lucky to have an experienced rider teaching him what he needs to know.
There are no training courses here that I know of. We watch youtube videos to learn :)

My son and I started riding at the same time, but I got more bike time till we had only one bike. Now that we have two, he takes off on his own too to visit friends. Countersteering is one of the things we try to concentrate on, easiest way to get the lean into a turn. Counterweighting at slow speed U turns is another.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nice job providing your son with a bike as well. When my sons were still home I always made sure that if I had a bike, they had a bike. Some of my best memories are rides that we took together.
My first bike was a Harley Davidson Superlow 883. Then I bought a Yamaha Bolt R Spec. So now my son rides the Harley exclusively. He is after me to sell the Harley and buy another more comfortable bike.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts