Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm Srinath. Hoping to pick up a 950 bolt in the next few weeks.
New to this forum and the 950 but not to motorcycles. This would be my 44th, but 17 of those were GS500's. 6 were savages, 4 were eliminators and 4 were nighthawks, 3 virago's (2 535's and 1 1100) etc etc.
Hoping to make a TB114 style out of a C spec preferably using the cafe seat but setting it up like the TB114.
Thanks, looking forward to learning and riding and modding this new bike.
Srinath.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I used to live in Charlotte and am still in the process of moving out and selling my old house. Now Columbia SC.
Thanks.
Srinath.

·
2,518 Posts
Welcome from the chilly Maritimes. Post a pic of your new ride when you get it!

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,500 Posts
Welcome from Houston, Texas. Make sure and keep us informed when you get it and post some pictures. Ride often and safe.

·
Registered
5,676 Posts
Not sure how I feel about a guy having 44 motorcycles?!

Im on my 3rd and Im 60.

You got some explaining to do. Did you wreck them all? forget to put oil in the crankcases?!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL, For a few years I had more motorcycles than years on this planet.
I ran a repair shop of sorts. GS500 a plenty were bought fixed and flipped. For a few years 2005, 06 and 07 I was flipping 10 bikes a year.

I am "the buddha" on GSTwin.com - Honestly, that's my handle - not because I am enlightened LOL - and I developed a way of jetting them without a DJ kit. On the GS atleast DJ kit does nothing to alleviate the low rpm issues and it usually screws up the higher rpm as well. Since these things are rife with carb problems, it brought me in touch with a lot of problem bikes and hence the fix and flip situations.

Cool.
Srinath.

·
Super Moderator
6,414 Posts
Welcome to the forum from East Tennessee. Please share some pics of your bike when you get it. I’m sure you have a ton of knowledge to share with all the bikes you’ve had, glad you joined us!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,676 Posts
I ran a repair shop of sorts. ....
Good deal. If you can turn your hobby into a business you get to write off a lot of money you spend as a business expense.

Buddha is one of those words that does not translate into english syntax very well. The best translation is

"The Enlightened One"

so that makes "The Buddha" = The The Enlightened One.

When you obtain enlightenment, you become Buddha.

Kinda like the City of Los Angeles Angels (baseball team) because Los Angeles means City of Angels.

so you end up with "the city of the city of Angels Angels"...

Hidden redundancy.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Good deal. If you can turn your hobby into a business you get to write off a lot of money you spend as a business expense.

Buddha is one of those words that does not translate into english syntax very well. The best translation is

"The Enlightened One"

so that makes "The Buddha" = The The Enlightened One.

When you obtain enlightenment, you become Buddha.

Kinda like the City of Los Angeles Angels (baseball team) because Los Angeles means City of Angels.

so you end up with "the city of the city of Angels Angels"...

Hidden redundancy.
My head hurts now... lol

·
Registered
61 Posts
You'll enjoy the Bolt. Have had two - bought, modded then sold them. The Bolt is one of the easiest bikes to work on - comes apart easy, simple but solid engineering, many possibilities....contemplating my next Bolt project.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Hi Srinath. Very nice to have you here. Keep us posted on the Bolt. I have the Video Star 950, which is similar, or similar engine. It's a joy to ride.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tank

Hi Srinath. Very nice to have you here. Keep us posted on the Bolt. I have the Video Star 950, which is similar, or similar engine. It's a joy to ride.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk
Oh that brings up an excellent segue. Does the V star tank fit the bolt ?
When I go cruiser, I will go cruiser all the way. Oh the speedo etc in the middle of the tank - I guess I gotta make a decorative something for that, but does the V star tank actually hold more ?

Thanks.
Srinath.

·
Registered
5,676 Posts
... I have the Video Star 950, ...
Video Star killed the Radio Star.

It took me about 10 minutes on goggle to figure out how to turn off the spell check/auto correct on my Samsung S4. They really buried the settings.

The tank on the VS 650 is 4.7 gallons.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts