Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
Maurice here from the Bay Area CA... Signed up a while back and I've just been browsing around snd I thought about introduce by self.
Love bikes and everything to do with them...I spend lots of time tinkering around and customizing my bikes.
I do everything my self from cutting and welding stuff to leather work and paint job.

Here are some of the ones I've built
*Dead Man's Hand
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442412155.409069.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442412256.957750.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442412274.105773.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442412307.199471.jpg

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,022 Posts
Welcome Maurice, I agree, very crafty and would love to be that skilled. Those are some great looking builds. Glad to have you with us.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everybody.
Looking forward to sharing my crazy projects and learn from all of you in the forum.
I'm hoping to pick up another bike when the riding season slows down so, I can get it cheap and have a winter project .

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
oem graphics

Hi there,
Maurice here from the Bay Area CA... Signed up a while back and I've just been browsing around snd I thought about introduce by self.
Love bikes and everything to do with them...I spend lots of time tinkering around and customizing my bikes.
I do everything my self from cutting and welding stuff to leather work and paint job.

Here are some of the ones I've built
*Dead Man's Hand
View attachment 48609
View attachment 48617
View attachment 48625
View attachment 48633
the oem teardrop pinstripe on the fuel tank costs over 150.00 can that shape be made from regular pin striping material or is the oem stuff something entirely different that makes it so expensive. i have the old 2000 style pin stripping were only the bottom half of the tank is a different color and i want to do teardrop color change. there are so many 650 oem graphics i can't decide which style i want to use. if you look closely at oem 650s over the years you can see what i'm talking about. i wish i could send my pieces to you for painting

·
Registered
43 Posts

Welcome Maurice from Durango, Colorado. That's some awesome work you do.

Seeing you're from the Bay area brought back memories of one of my favorite rides. My son and I rode down from the north after riding the Pacific Coast. Came in through the foothills just after dark and all of a sudden, there's the Golden Gate Bridge. We rode across on our bikes grinning from ear to ear. Something I always wanted to do. Sharing it with my son made it really special.

You've got a beautiful area to ride. Enjoy and be safe.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts