Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have been a lurker for a few weeks, finally decided to come out in public. 49 yrs old, father of two, married to best friend for, what?.....120 years now? OK, maybe not quite that long. Pretty sure it's 20 years, give or take.

I'm one year past heart surgery (CABG X 3) and am determined to spend rest of my life being happy. I do my best to avoid all forms of stress, not always successful but highly determined. So if I seem a bit flippant at times, well don't take it personal....I don't.

Along with the whole Zen form of a kinder, gentler person pursuit of mine the wife signed off on me getting a bike. Yea me. So I have some questions which I'll post on the boards before I pull the trigger.

Pleasure making you folks acquaintance and please be gentle with me....I'm new.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Welcome to the forum! You'll find good advice here for finding the bike that fits you.

To save you the trouble, I'll let you in on a little secret: The V-Star 950 is quite a nice bike.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Love my Strat, my 4th bike, best one yet. Have you rode before? Stratoliners are very well balanced, but still surprised me since I have not been on a bike in ten years. Going from a 700 to a 1900, my stops were pretty scary at first. ;)

I sure am glad I got it.

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
Welcome to the 4M.

I'm getting mixed signals, if you want "gentle" then go with a 650 or a 950, BUT if you insist on being happy for the rest of your life then go Strato!

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Welcome to the forum. What kind of riding experience
Have you had. I ride a 2009 roadstar silversdo. A great bike, but
i would not recomend it as a firts bike. Ask your questions and
I know that you will get answers here.

·
Registered
845 Posts
or simply go inbetween with a 1300 ... even though I first started on a 800 cc bike.

Welcome from the Mid-lands of SC!
Not sure where in the state you are but our 100 heat broke last night, temps going down to the upper 80s and lower 90s all week, but along with t-storms.

Yes, you gotta live and enjoy, Im about your age, my family history (fathers side) is not good, brother had the bypass a few years back now, so far Ive been lucky. People say I got my moms genes.

When we moved here 6 years ago, how could I not buy bike? Since then its almost become and obession and this is a very bike friendly state, some months back, the electronic signs above I-26 had a message as follows "Stay Alert Motorcycles Are Everywhere" Reminded me what a great state this is and was glad to get out of the insane congestion in the NY Metro area.

·
Registered
621 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts