Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been hanging around since 2017 or so. Forgot my password and never bothered to reset it till now. I have enjoyed the forum and decided it's time to join in. Anyway I ride a 2009 1100 Silverado.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,228 Posts
Hi Grizzer!
Welcome to the forum from East Tennessee. Glad you decided to reset your password and join us. Great looking bike you have there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,538 Posts
some great motorbike riding in SW PA!

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,003 Posts

·
2,345 Posts
Welcome from Atlantic Canada. I've been through PA many, many times but never on a bike. I've often thought about that area when thinking about places I'd like to ride someday.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I have been riding most of my life, started out on a mini-bike with Briggs&Stratton engine. The throttle cable was broke so had a piece of string tied to throttle and just held on! Have had dirt bikes early on then went to street in my early 20's. I am 53 now and because of illness and injury strictly street now. Took 6 yr hiatus from riding when a buddy and me left church on our bikes and he was killed in front of me when a car backed out of hidden driveway, it really spooked me! That was in my early 40's. I started to really miss the open road on 2 wheels so about 4 yrs ago I got back on a bike. Wow what a difference a few years can make. I used to ride fast everywhere, now riding has become my stress reliever. Never in a hurry now, just enjoying the ride.(PEACE of MIND) I ride mostly around the mountains in western Pa, Have a camp between Johnstown and Somerset that I pretty much live at all Spring, Summer, and Fall. It is about 10 miles from where "Thunder In the Valley" is held every summer and I have a few friends come and set up at my camp for the rally. They come in from Ohio, Maryland and WV mostly. We spend more time riding the mountain roads than attending the rally events though. I guess we are all getting older and enjoy riding more than partying. Lesblank thanks for the links kind of cool to see the demographics so to speak of the members on the forum. PEACE

1 - 7 of 7 Posts