Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused:Hello all, I am new here and enjoy the topics and opinions on products. They have helped so far. I have had questions I am looking for but was unable to before I post here... I ordered new Michelin Commander II for my 2012 Yamaha V-Star 950. The rear size they don't have. Stock is a 170/70B16, I ordered a 180/65B16. Was wondering if anyone else has ordered this tire and size and if you ran into fitting issues? :confused:

·
Registered
890 Posts
Welcome to the forum from here in Northwest Illinois. Can't help you with your tire question but I'm sure some of the 950 riders will be able to. Post often and ride safe.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Old V Star man... Thank you anyway... Love to ride but riding safe is a must

·
Super Moderator
13,056 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,007 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum. Bevo is the resident expert on our 950's, so if anyone would know, it would be him. I will be needing tires by next summer, and was considering the 180 myself. Now we both know, lol. Glad you joined us. Ride safe and post ofteb!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool thank you... I took measurements to see if the extra 1/4" would be an issue and there is plenty of room. But it always helps to seek opinions and hear from someone who has also stepped up the tire size. Although I've only had the bike about 1 year it is my first one I actually can add upgrades to. It is addicting!!!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so why the change in scenery? I like it up here except we have such a short riding season... I love riding but no matter how well you gear up rain just sucks to ride in. But I turn into a snow boarding freak until summer

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
lol TaCompton huh??? Thank you, I wanted to get it plain so I could add everything the way I wanted it to look... Not cheap by no means... Its an expensive addiction...

When are you going to post your ride?

·
Registered
524 Posts
so why the change in scenery? I like it up here except we have such a short riding season... I love riding but no matter how well you gear up rain just sucks to ride in. But I turn into a snow boarding freak until summer
My choice and my job was paying me to transfer

·
Registered
36 Posts
lol TaCompton huh??? Thank you, I wanted to get it plain so I could add everything the way I wanted it to look... Not cheap by no means... Its an expensive addiction...

When are you going to post your ride?
Hehehehe... TaCompton... Where the cars ride low, and so should their Passengers... Lol... Granted its nothing like it used to be back when I was in High School in the '90's... No Problem Brother, and yeah Im pretty much doing the various changes that I want to for mine as well... Pfffft... You ain't kidding with that statement, and its not like I needed another expensive addiction, let yet another expensive addition to my license either...***FacePalm***. Luckily Ive been able to score afew things for a fraction of what they Really wouldve cost, so that takes the sting out of it abit, but not much...:cool:

Hmmm... Looks like I gotta try to hack into my old photobucket account, and see if I can load pics from there... As of currently I gotta send back my new front tire, and try to have it exchanged for the proper size... Seems Ive had 650 Custom on the mind whenever Ive picked up parts for my Classic(prefer the Classics frontend, and rear fender, so dunno why)... Have also found what seems to be my right fork leaking, so looks like I'll be lowering and rebuilding the frontend sooner than I had planned...:(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts